|at ( view profile)|
|Job Function||Prepare activities for clients with dementia and physical frailties|
|Salary||Commensurate to level of education and experience|
|Address||730 8th Ave W Ste 102|
Qualities and skills needed:
- Education level: Minimum High School equivalent, advanced education preferred
- Good computer skills: MS Office
- Self-directed and results-oriented, demonstrating initiative and follow-through
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience in planning and leading activities for persons with dementia
- Ability to work as a team member
- Sense of humor and a love of mission
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that daily responsibilities of staff are carried out.
- Attend monthly staff meetings
- Prepare weekly/monthly activity schedule.
- Create new activities. Train the staff in leading the activities and how to engage the clients.
- Make sure staff has what is needed to work the activity
- Plan special holiday celebrations
- Coordinate monthly Birthday parties
- Work with the contract Therapists (Music, Art, Drum & Movement) Prepare monthly reports.
- Arrange for special programs to be brought to the Center (i.e. music groups, dance, etc.)
- Keep a list of previous months activities and new activities
Client Care / Program:
- Assist clients (i.e. bathrooming, feeding, treatments, etc.).
- Write up client updates and incident reports as needed
- Assist with bi-annual client assessments
Other tasks as assigned.
Misc.: Flexibility and willingness to do whatever needs to be done are two of the most desired qualities. Being able to work as a team member is vital. Responsibilities are subject to change as Center needs arise and upon consultation with your supervisor.
Hours: 30 hours per week Monday – Friday
Salary Range: Salary range commensurate to level of education and experience within a mission budget.
BENEFITS: Vacation time, personal days, Christian atmosphere
Employer pays matching Social Security, Workman’s Compensation
NO Health Insurance available