Administrative Support / Clerk
|Salary||$8.92 - $11.90 per hour|
The purpose of this position is to provide support to the PI, Co-PIs, Project Director, and Business Officer with GEAR UP grant business. This position will perform administrative and office support activities. Duties may include fielding telephone calls, creating documents, spreadsheets, presentations, reports, and filing.
1. Serve as receptionist for the GEAR UP program by sorting and distributing mail, responding to telephone calls, emails, students, and visitors by providing information, relaying messages, and making referrals to appropriate offices.
2. Serve as the office manager by overseeing the effectiveness and efficiency of day-to-day operations.
3. Order equipment and office supplies for the offices.
4. Conduct an annual inventory of equipment in keeping with University requirements.
5. Maintain up-to-date, confidential records.
6. Prepare documents such as memos, spreadsheets, reports, newsletters, and correspondence.
7. Assist with the development and compilation of reports.
8. Serve as technology assistant for the offices by coordinating the purchase of equipment, performing basic troubleshooting, and report problems to IS&T.
9. Maintain the GEAR UP calendar and schedule use of all related facilities.
10. Attend staff meetings and record minutes.
11. Maintain office web pages and social media accounts.
High school diploma/GED. Extensive software skills, Internet
research abilities and strong communication skills are required. This position requires 1 year of related experience.
Applications received by November 1, 2018, will receive first consideration. Position open until filled.
Grant funded position.
Please do not the use AAN application tool. Apply online only using the following link: http://jobs.montevallo.edu/postings/3808
UM is an AA/EO Employer.