|at ( view profile)|
|Job Function||Program Instructor|
|Salary||$12.00-$15.00 per hour DOE|
|Address||5201 8th Ave.|
Girls Incorporated of Central AL is a non-profit organization dedicated to the issues and development of girls ages 6-18 years of age. Girls Inc. of Central AL provides research based programming to more than 8,000 youth annually. Girls Inc. is currently seeking a part-time after school Instructor to deliver specialized core programs in the area of Health and Wellness to girls’ from 6 - 18 years in our Crestwood Center location. Program Instructors convey instructional information through a variety of methods that include, interactive teaching, use of technology, facilitating group and peer discussions, and/or physical instruction. Center Program Instructors are expected to research and develop instructional materials as part of the overall program delivery that is age and developmentally appropriate for the target level of girls.
- Plan and conduct health and wellness programs during after school
- Assure instructional programs are delivered appropriately and within the standards of Girls Inc of Central AL
- Track and maintain Trax 8 Membership data and prepare needed reports
- Prepare lesson plans and implement activities in health and wellness, nutrition, basic cooking and safety. Experience with sewing a plus.
- Must be able to drive the Girls Inc. of Central AL Mini-bus and/or other vehicles as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Appropriate coursework in education and/or in specialized topic required. One year of verifiable instructional experience in the specialized topic may substitute for the Bachelors Degree. Bi-lingual skills are a plus.
- Must be computer literate, with a basic working knowledge of Microsoft programs and Internet Explorer. Basic knowledge of usual office machines/equipment required.
- Interpersonal skills are necessary to relate to a diverse range of people, across various ages and cultural backgrounds.
- Organizational skills needed to effectively manage the behavior and activities of participants in the education area. Develop materials that are relevant and age appropriate.
- Oral and written communication skills needed to convey information to girls, staff and board members (as needed).
- Must have knowledge of and be able to communicate with girls, ages 6 - 18, and encourage their participation in planning, problem solving, and decision-making.
- Create an educational environment that is organized, user-friendly, appealing for girls, and conducive to learning in an informal educational setting.
- Serve as positive role model for girls to emulate through personal and professional behavior.
- Current driver’s license required.
- There may be occasional lifting of objects weighing up to 45 lbs.
- Maintain an orderly informal education area, assuring that all pertinent safety and health codes of the organization are observed. Position is further responsible for managing girl participants in education area in a safe and orderly manner.
- Insure that classes and programs operate within the standards of Girls Incorporated of Central Alabama.
- Must pass DHR and Criminal Background Check
- Contact: cover letter and resume should be sent to: Jessica Rodgers, Director of Program Operations at: email@example.com no phone calls accepted.