|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Birmingham, United States|
Positions available at Glen Iris, Pratt City, Norwood, and Ossie Ware Mitchell Sites. Monday - Friday 3:00 - 5:30pm
Assist students in Kindergarten through 8th grade in a classroom setting with the completion and comprehension of homework assignments and academic enrichment activities. Review and prepares lesson plans to instruct students and reinforce skills. Evaluates and monitors student’s performance. Familiarity with standard concepts, practices and procedures within a particular field. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Prepares creative and enriching lesson plans and instructs children including Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM) activities.
2. Evaluates and monitors student's performance.
3. Assist in implementing the daily program.
4. Assist in planning, organizing and implementing the enrichment and tutorial activities for assigned class (grade).
5. Must be 19 years or older and have attained at least a high school diploma or GED per DHR Regulations; experience in the field or in a related area preferred.
6. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
7. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
8. Performs a variety of tasks.
9. Works under general supervision; typically reports to the Education Coordinator.
10. Supervises all assigned aspects of the students’ day including arrival, snack times, academic, and enrichment activities and recreational activities.
11. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
12. Must pass DHR Background Check, TB Test, and complete DHR Health and Safety Courses.