|at ( view profile)|
|Job Function||Program Assistant|
|Address||4321 Downtowner Loop North|
Community Outreach for HIV awareness and prevention
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university;
Grant writing and public speaking experience;
Able to work occasional weekends and evening events;
Excellent writing and speaking skills.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
Experience in a non-profit setting;
Outreach and/or education experience.
Areas of Responsibility:
1. Present AIDS Alabama South’s approved HIV prevention curricula to schools and community organizations;
2. Provide HIV testing at the main office, community events, and in the community as needed and scheduled;
3. Conduct bar outreach, once monthly;
4. Maintain a tracking system of presentations and literature, condoms, and marketing materials distributed;
5. Research prevention education grant opportunities, write grants, and ensure grant compliance of funded proposals;
6. Assist Development Manager with agency events;
7. Schedule all pharmaceutical company training events for staff and consumers;
8. Meet with the Prevention Manager regularly to ensure that all program deliverables are met;
9. Maintain a monthly schedule of Education Department events;
10. Oversee and coordinate outreach activities;
11. Assure that all literature and condoms are ordered, inventoried, and readily available for consumers and general public;
12. Build new collaborative relationships with other community based organizations and institutions;
13. Communicate openly, effectively, and professionally with staff members and consumers;
14. Be present at all required agency functions;
15. Assist Prevention Manager as needed;
16. Adhere to all AIDS Alabama, Inc. and AIDS Alabama South’s Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines;
17. Other duties as assigned.
Schedule – Work hours are full-time and may occasionally include nights and/or weekends; varies based on the
needs of the agency and community;
Physical Requirements – May lift up to 50lbs occasionally;
Safety/Environmental – Exposure to multi-cultural consumers and/or family members with HIV/AIDS (or other STI’s) as well as impaired cognitive behaviors.
Represent the agency on the phone, through the mail, and in-person in a way that reflects the professionalism and the agency’s mission. Must be willing and able to abide by all Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines (including, but not limited to, Human Resources/Personnel, Finance, Operational, and Housing) as presented and as adapted. Must be willing and able to complete all required trainings in obligatory timeframes. All employees are expected to perform in a mature, professional, business-like manner. Participation in agency activities, testing events, and fundraisers is expected as necessary and requested. Establish strong, solid communication with the AIDS Alabama South Executive Director and the AIDS Alabama South Prevention Manager. Be aware that breach of confidentiality is grounds for dismissal. This job description may be modified to reflect additional tasks.
To apply: Sent resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. (No phone calls please.)
AIDS Alabama South is an equal opportunity employer.