|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Birmingham, United States|
Are you a team player who is comfortable being a great support for many different moving parts? Do you like organizing? Are you excited about managing reports, collecting data and implementing systems of structure? If so, the YWCA of Central Alabama has the perfect opportunity for you. Our AmeriCorps Program is seeking a strong part-time Administrative Assistant to work 20 hours per week in support of our mission by providing administrative coverage for this federally funded program which is similar to Peace Corps, but for persons who desire to serve in local nonprofits. This position will: handle AmeriCorps payroll reports, be responsible for monitoring AmeriCorps timesheets, assist with researching recruiting sources, and help gather data for quarterly reports.
- Schedule meeting rooms
- Assist planning and setting up AmeriCorps member trainings
- Assist with paperwork and filing
- Other tasks as assigned by CEO, Director of AmeriCorps or the Director of Social Justice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Forms, and office practices and procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple tasks and priorities.
- Ability to work independently and with teams as necessary.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, at least two years professional experience; administrative or secretarial experience; strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to work with and supervise diverse populations; an understanding of social justice issues.
Requires the physical mobility to sit and walk for moderate periods of time.
Requires the physical ability to occasionally carry or lift objects weighing up to 20 pounds.
Qualified applicants please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.