|at ( view profile)|
Be a game changer. Be Gateway's Assistant Cottage Supervisor.
Gateway hires the best people, because the children and families we serve deserve nothing less. Every member of our team is a game changer, leader and innovator, dedicated to building strong families and stronger communities.
Purpose and Mission:
We are looking for an exemplary Assistant Cottage Supervisor to join our team and work at the highest levels of quality, integrity, cultural competence, safety and enthusiasm. This individual will provide supervision/leadership for staff & residents in a secure, safe, healthy environment at therapeutic treatment center for adolescents between 12 & 18 years old.
- Leads team on shift including assuring appropriate scheduling, work assignments and staff availability for residents
- Coaches, counsels, trains, develops and evaluates staff, notifying Cottage Supervisor of progress and concerns
- Teaches staff to accurately obtains/records information about appearance and mental status, general admissions information and explains Patient Rights and responsibilities to all new patients
- Trains staff to promotes the development and safety of the residents including adhering to safety, assessment, boundaries, emotional and coping skills guidelines
- Completes documentation as outlined in Gateway and campus policies (safety, staff evaluation, etc.)
- Identifies client issues which need to be addressed by the agency including evidence or suspicion of maltreatment
- Ensures campus and cottage structure is adhered to and that administrative and program procedures are followed
- Models Gateway leadership behaviors in interaction with clients and staff
- Attends to applicable shift specific supervisory duties and policies
- Provides leadership to entire campus shift as assigned..
- Provides routine non-acute physical care and participatory supervision, education and evaluation of program services for patients in accordance with treatment plan and policies
- Assesses and ensures needs of residents are being met including clothing, linens and hygiene supplies; supervises residents’ personal hygiene tasks
- Assists residents in developing a sense of significance, competence and power in their lives
- Serves as a positive, therapeutic role model for residents – listening effectively and providing positive reinforcement and positive peer culture among residents
- Responds to emergency situations, consistently ensuring safety and wellbeing of residents; reports accidents to law enforcement and agency immediately
- Effectively manages disruptive and/or aggressive behavior in accordance with treatment procedures and program expectations using restraint or deescalating techniques per Mandt guidelines
- Remains alert at all times, anticipating needs and potentially unsafe situations
- Attends treatment team and consults with other supervisors regarding individual resident treatment issues
- Inspects vehicles before and after use; reports on vehicle cleanliness, interior and exterior condition
- Requisitions client personal items, with approval of Program Manager, within 72 hours
- Supports and assists the Medical Department, Rushton school and Public School residents when needed.
- Records client behavior, progress and problems as instructed including shift notes, MAR Book, Van Logs, medical referral forms and other reports as assigned
- Provides receipts and other expense documentation as needed
- Completes paperwork for maintenance/grounds repair, reports hazards to Cottage Supervisor immediately
- Bachelor degree in social work, counseling, or psychology. Also a minimum of 1 year experience in a residential treatment facility.
- Position requires walking, running, standing, lifting.
- Irregular work hours and assisting with restraint of clients weighing in excess of 100 pounds.
- Position has moderate to heavy physical demands – incumbent must have strength and stamina to meet physical, mental and emotional demands and stressors.
Position Specific Competencies:
- Clear communication skills (verbal, written and listening) and ability to facilitate therapeutic groups.
- Able to engage in physical recreational activities with residents.
- Attends and participates in scheduled supervision and staff meetings.
- Participates in in-service/staff training.
- Maintains certifications in CPR/AED, First Aid, Mandt, MAR and other certifications relevant to position.
Gateway hires the best people, because the children and families we serve deserve nothing less. Our team is a hardworking, ethical, diverse and courageous workforce of champions. We are game changers, leaders and innovators, dedicated to building strong families and stronger communities. Each team member is an exemplary professional and role model, working at the highest levels of quality, integrity, cultural competence, safety and enthusiasm. Our unique strengths combine in Gateway’s collaborative environment to produce world-class outcomes for those we serve.
Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits + 9 Paid Holidays
Gateway is Alabama's leader in family solutions and Birmingham's oldest nonprofit. We are experts in building strong families, thus stronger communities through a variety of services. This year alone, our workforce of champions have produced proven results:
- 107 Gateway families stayed together through counseling.
- 57 children returned to their families.
- 34 foster teens got a job.
- Families in financial crises paid back $560,000 of debt.
- 15 families kept their Homes through mortgage counseling.