|Address||60001 Crestwood Blvd|
General Duties of Position:
Provide basic baking instructions to individuals with intellectual disabilities and staff
Summary of Specific Responsibilities:
- Baker following recipes and/or product directions.
- Prepares items from scratch such as breads, rolls, muffins, biscuits, pies, cakes,
cookies pastries, and other desserts.
- Checks production and keeps records in order to accurately plan production
- Measures and mixes baking ingredients using a variety of devices.
- Molds ingredients into loaves/shapes.
- Places products into correctly prepared pans.
- Regulates the drafts and temperatures of the ovens.
- Follows all applicable food regulatory rules and procedures.
- Requisitions supplies and equipment as needed.
- May decorate cakes, cookies, pastries and other desserts.
- May direct and coordinate activities of bakery personnel.
- Teach or provide instruction and direction to individuals with ID in kitchen setting.
- Work alongside Food Truck Coordinator to provide outings for community exposure.
- Create and devise monthly schedules of planned activities and classes for each building location.
- Baker will provide instruction to consumers and employees on proper
techniques of preparing various pastries.
- Baker will provide close supervision of consumers and employees while in the
Essential Job Functions
- Communicate daily production needs and information with other Bakery team