|Address||6001 Crestwood Blvd|
- To research, develop, assist and supervise the implementation of Behavior Support Plans to reduce targeted/maladaptive behaviors as well as increase adaptive/appropriate skills.
- To visit day programs and group homes on a weekly basis and work one 8 hour weekend shift per month in order to monitor client progress in the residential program. Time will be spent with the staff on training and implementing Behavior Support Plans.
- To enter and graph data monthly using Excel for behavior data, sleep data, and side effects from psychotropic medications.
- To evaluate plan effectiveness based on data, complete progress notes on this, as well as the graphic representation of this data, monthly.
- To evaluate psychiatric medication effectiveness based on data, and complete progress notes on this, as well as graphic representation quarterly.
- To train and assist Arc staff in responding to individuals in various situations as needed at both day and residential programs.
- To train staff on crisis prevention interventions to ensure the safety, welfare, care, & security of all individuals and staff.
- To attend Arc training in-services as needed, research and self-educate on topics that are unfamiliar. To broaden knowledge and understanding of the field of Applied Behavior Analysis.
- To improve communication lines residential and day programs, as well as maintain contact with individuals’ families.
- To complete monthly paperwork as needed (billing, clinical notes, etc).
- To complete Behavioral Functional Assessments, as needed, as well as other functional assessments necessary for plan implementation (preference assessments, etc.)
- To assist monthly with psychiatric clinic, and provide information on specific individuals, and otherwise assist the psychiatrist as needed in clinic (get weights, organize charts, etc.).
- Attend meetings as scheduled for annual support team meetings, as well as any interim meetings/school meetings regarding behavioral concerns, change in placement, etc. for caseload.
- To perform other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor, and assist with all departments as needed in regards to behavioral concerns.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required: Master’s in Psychology or related field Board Certified Behavior Analyst (or seeking certification)
Physical Requirements: This position requires frequently standing; walking; hand dexterity; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; or crawl; and talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception.
Email resume or application to: firstname.lastname@example.org or complete application and apply in person at 6001 Crestwood Blvd, Birmingham, Al 35212.