|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Birmingham, United States|
The YWCA is seeking a Bilingual Visitation and Exchange Monitor for the YWCA Supervised Visitation and Exchange Center. The Monitor will be responsible for supervising visits and exchanges at the Center and will report to the Director of the Center. This is a part-time position, weekends only.
- Supervising visits of parents with their child(ren)
- Monitoring, intervening if necessary
- Collaborating with the Center Director and other monitors as a team member
- Attending and participating in all required Center trainings and staff meetings
- Maintaining confidentiality and neutrality
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, counseling, human or child development or related field or, as a substitute for the educational requirements above:
- The applicant may possess any combination of relevant education and experience which would demonstrate knowledge, skill and ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above.
- Two (2) years direct service experience in human services, domestic violence, batterer’s intervention, visitation supervision or related area.
- Working knowledge of the dynamics of domestic violence.
- Sensitivity to the needs of the families who utilize the Center.
- Ability to recognize and respond to potential safety issues.
- Fluent in Spanish and English.
All qualified applicants, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.