Administration / Operations
|Salary||$36,164 - $49,540|
The purpose of this position is to oversee all program financial activities, including keeping records of matching funding in accordance with University and grantee policies. This position will report to the Principal Investigator of the GEAR UP grant program and be responsible for the oversight and management of contractual fiscal activities, with a dotted line of accountability to the Vice President of Business Affairs to facilitate compliance and effective integration with university business processes. Responsibilities include coordinating with Business Affairs staff on accounting, contracts, and purchasing activity; weekly, monthly, and yearly reconciling of financial expenditures, and general support services.
1. Direct and oversee the financial activities related to the GEAR UP program in accordance with University and Federal grant policies;
2. Provide oversight and management of contractual fiscal activities including budget planning and analysis and weekly, monthly and yearly reconciling of financial expenditures;
3. Maintain accounting records for auditing purposes;
4. Coordinate with Business Affairs staff on accounting, contracts and purchasing activity, through preparation of proposed entries, draft contracts and requests for purchases;
5. Prepare grant activity reports;
6. Reconcile expenses and resolve discrepancies;
7. Provide Program Director and grant management with financial information including financial projections and reports as requested;
8. Prepare a wide variety of grant-related documents (e.g. reports, operating recommendation, policies, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing a written reference, and/or conveying information;
9. Monitor expenditures against budget and/or a wide variety of account information for the purpose of ensuring the accuracy of reported information, availability of funds, and compliance with established financial guidelines and program policies, practices, and regulatory requirements;
10. Facilitate the development of collaborations and partnerships on campus and with the community;
11. Maintain knowledge of all regulatory/grant requirements.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field. Three years related experience with grants, contracts, school finance, or a similar area. This position requires prior experience with budgeting, account reconciliations and working with purchasing processes that comply with grant and/or state regulations.
Applications received by November 1, 2018, will receive first consideration. Position open until filled.
Grant funded position.
Please do not use the AAN application tool. Apply online only using the following link: https://jobs.montevallo.edu/postings/3807
UM is an AA/EO Employer