|at ( view profile)|
- Recruit prospective SSVF clients from all sectors of the community to include faith-based, community-based, healthcare, post-secondary, schools, childcare, SNAP, DHR, etc.
- Accurately communicate the SSVF program to prospective clients and community
- Maintain consistent contact with VA Hospital, VA Clinics, VET Centers, Family Programs, etc.
- Follow up on all inquiries in a timely manner
- Establish a comprehensive database of area faith and community-based supportive services
- Accurately conduct eligibility determinations
- Develop viable case plans that result in permanent housing stability
- Actively manage a caseload of approximately 25 veterans and/or veteran families to achieve permanent housing stability
- Maintain all case documents and database (HMIS)
- Actively participate in professional development training
- Actively participate in weekly staff meetings
- Provide benchmark reports monthly
Proven knowledge of and experience with U.S. military
Working understanding of the U.S. Veteran’s Administration Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) program Thorough working understanding of SSVF case management procedures
Proven working knowledge of case management principles
Excellent interpersonal communication skills
Excellent computer skills to include Microsoft and database
Able to work as team member
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work preferred; military experience preferred; combination of education and experience considered
This position is based out of the Tuskegee office and covers the Columbus, GA area.