|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Birmingham, United States|
YWCA Central Alabama is seeking Chief Public Relations Officer to develop and administer a comprehensive program presenting information and the organizational message to a multifaceted audience. The CPRO will implement a comprehensive annual development and communications strategy for fundraising and community relations goals for the organization.
- Provides vision and long-range planning for the organization’s community and public relations activities, including development of ongoing collaborations & partnerships; fundraising and special events; collateral materials and advertising; and media relations.
- Oversees the website and social media channels. Seeks opportunities to raise the visibility of the organization through new channels and/or programs.
- Coordinates speaking engagements, agency tours and industry events.
- Responsible for researching public opinion and communicating with investors to enhance the businesses' reputation in the financial community.
- Oversee annual coordinated and comprehensive solicitation plan to include special events, direct mail solicitations, e-campaigns, grants, major and planned gift solicitations, and volunteer driven fundraising efforts in order to meet annual budgeted goals for the organization in collaboration with the Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer.
- Work closely with grant manager on the preparation and submission of grant applications as outlined in the fund development plan to generate funds for the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in business, nonprofit management, communications or related field.
- Minimum of 8-10 years relevant experience in fundraising, nonprofit administration or sales field.
- Experience in capital campaign management preferred.
- Speak, listen and write in a clear and thorough manner using effective communication tools and techniques.
- Excellent people skills for dealing with staff, volunteers and the larger community.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation is an asset.
- Proven success in individual and corporate fundraising, specifically working with special events.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites and donor management software. Working knowledge of Raisers Edge donor software preferred.