|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Birmingham, United States|
The YWCA – Central Alabama is seeking a Teacher - Floater for their Child Development Center. This dedicated and committed professional will assist with providing high quality programming for child development programs which serve homeless and low-income children between birth and five years of age.
- Create and implement developmentally appropriate activities for homeless and low-income children who range from birth to five years’ old
- Create a positive home-classroom connection by maintaining appropriate ongoing communication with parents of children.
- Keep accurate records on children as required by program: lesson plans, assessment, NAEYC documentation, attendance, USDA, etc.
- Maintain classroom discipline using behavioral management techniques: positive reinforcement, praise, encouragement and redirection.
- Organize the classroom and maintain a safe and healthy learning environment: both indoors and out
- Provide constant supervision of all children during all activities
- Assist with development of instructional classroom materials
- Maintain detailed work logs
- Plan personal professional growth and knowledge of current developments within the field
- Attend required meetings and in-service trainings
- Adhere to the policies of the YWCA
- Maintain confidentiality about staff, children and parents
- Perform all other duties deemed necessary for the smooth operation of the program and the agency, as directed by the Senior Director of Child Care, Director of YWCA Child Care, COO of the YWCA, or CEO of the YWCA.
- Minimum of a Child Development Associate Credential REQUIRED
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Teaching or training experience REQUIRED
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with adults and children required.
- **Background Check is required**
Salary: Based on experience.
Applying: Forward resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.