|at ( view profile)|
Administration / Operations
|Salary||$37,500 - $47,000|
Title: Clubhouse Director
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Exemption Level: Salaried-Exempt
Salary: $37,500 - $47,000
Educational Level: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
The Unit Director manages overall daily operations of a Club site within A.G. Gaston Boys & Girls Club, Inc. with a primary concern for programs and service delivery, supervision and training of staff, facilities management, community relations, and membership administration. Promoting safety of members, quality programs, and positive appearance of the Club at all times. Provide positive guidance, discipline and role modeling to members and staff at all times. Conduct staff meetings. May participate in special initiatives and events. May be required to drive the Club vans.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Identify and evaluate opportunities to improve program effectiveness on the basis of participation and achievement of stated goals; recommends modifications to improve program performance.
- Develop a high level of understanding of the mission, principles and practices of the A.G. Gaston Boys & Girls Club. This will be utilized daily.
- Identify weaknesses in unit which hinder membership growth
- Develop plan to connect to community resources which will initiate growth in membership
- Track, monitor and report statistical data as it is related to member attendance and activities that fall within our high priority outcome areas: Academic Success, Character & Citizenship Development, Healthy Lifestyles, and Sports/Fitness/Recreation
- Manage all aspects of member experience: participation, discipline, and outreach
- Demonstrated ability to organize, direct and coordinate operations; in personnel supervision, the recruitment and retention of key personnel; facilities management; and budget management.
- Participate in the agency’s budget development process; monitor and report variances in revenues and expenditures.
- Manage administrative and operational processes, overseeing the maintenance and repair of building and equipment.
- Manage performance of assigned staff in achieving goals, providing technical assistance in program design, development, community relations and program operations.
- Support and administer a staff development and training program.
- Develop collaborative partnerships with other youth serving organizations, members, parents, families and community organizations.
- Support Board Committees, as assigned.
- Participate in activities to maintain good public relations for Club programs, services and activities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to develop solutions to problems with limited supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Club staff, subordinates, Board members, community groups, and other related agencies.
- Others duties as assigned
- Four year degree from an accredited college or university, or 3-5 years of equivalent experience and pursuing a degree.
- A minimum of three years in a recreational educational, or related youth fields. Boys & Girls Club of America alliances/organizations experience preferred, but not necessary.
- Illustrate skill in planning, organizing, promoting, implementing and evaluating program activities.
- Experience with hiring, supervising, and evaluating program personnel.
- Should have understanding and experience of individual and group dynamics.
- Ability to use word processing, spreadsheet, publishing, and other computer applications.
- Possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be able to patrol Club and grounds on foot, physically be able to separate children involved in a physical altercation, visually observe program areas, physically demonstrate the Club’s various recreational activities, and assist students with school/homework assignments.
- Possess current certificates in and be able to perform CPR and medical First Aid.
- Administer the implementation and delivery of operations, programs, and services that facilitate achievement of Youth Development Outcomes
- Must be able to drive club fleet.
- SKILLS REQUIRED
Skills and Traits
1. Relationships and Teambuilding
· Builds trust and rapport quickly
· Relates well to people of varying backgrounds
· Shares information in an open and transparent fashion
· Is tactful and respectful
· Has a network of contacts
· Addresses conflicts constructively
· Expresses self clearly and concisely
· Adapts messages to the audience
· Presents in interesting and engaging way
· Focuses attention on important items
· Listens effectively
· Good grammar, editing and proofreading skills
· Readily responds to customer needs
· Ensures resolution of problems or issues
· Establishes credibility and a trusting relationship with customer
· Asks for and listens to customer needs
· Professional telephone presence
· Treats others fairly and consistently
· Deals with others in an honest manner
· Accepts responsibility for actions
· Confronts unethical behavior
· Acts according to stated intentions
5. Attention to Detail
· Pays attention to detail while not losing sight of the larger perspective
· Produces thorough and error free outcomes
· Encourages others to take responsibility for important details
6. Project Management
· Effectively scopes and charters the project
· Monitors progress and intervenes in a timely way when course correction is needed
· Brings projects to closure
Maintains close contact with assigned staff to provide technical assistance in matters of programming and operations; interacts regularly with the Chief Operating Officer.
- Internal: Maintains close contact with assigned staff to provide technical assistance in matters of programming and operations; interacts regularly with Chief Executive Officer , Chief Operating Officer, Resource Development Director, Programs Manager and other key personnel as directed by defined objectives.
- External: Maintains contact with external community groups, schools, and others.
I understand the expectations of this job description and agree to carry out responsibilities required by organization.