|at ( view profile)|
Coordinate domestic violence outreach efforts in Jefferson, Blount & St. Clair counties.
- Represent YWCA Domestic Violence Services as liaison with community contacts to ensure appropriate referrals and coordination of victim services and / or educational opportunities
- Ensure implementation of quality and timely community educational presentations in accordance with grant objectives, mission and policies of the YWCA
- Serve as point of contact for all community domestic violence outreach requests, ensuring as many requests as possible are met
- Provide advocacy and education through public speaking engagements, personal contacts, law enforcement and judicial training, etc.
- Serve as point of contact for media requests regarding domestic violence
- Serve as liaison with YWCA Communications & Donor Relations Department for domestic violence related events or information
- Oversee Healthy Relationships Program and supervise AmeriCorps members who implement program in local schools
- Coordinate entry & orientation of domestic violence interns and volunteers
- Coordinate Domestic Violence Awareness Month and Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month activities, and other special projects as assigned
- Provide coordination and oversight of victim support groups and “Children in Crisis” children’s support group, including conducting volunteer interviews and volunteer training
- Complete annual “Children in Crisis” grant proposal and submit required reporting
- Implement outreach programs as required by specific grant objectives
- Serve as a liaison for community partnerships and potential grant collaborations
- Represent YWCA Domestic Violence Services at meetings and in-services, as requested
- Adhere to the policies of the program and the agency
- All other duties as assigned and deemed necessary for the smooth operation of the program and the agency.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Communications, Public Relations or other related field required. Two years experience in social services environment required. Supervisory experience preferred
- Valid Alabama driver’s license and minimum insurance
- Knowledge of the three communities and their resources
- Ability to travel throughout the 3 county service area (Blount, St. Clair, Jefferson)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and facilitation/presentation skills
- Evening and weekend work required; must be able to maintain a flexible weekly work schedule to accommodate outreach requests
- Ability to sit, stand and walk for long periods.
- Ability to bend, squat and kneel.
- Ability to lift, push and pull twenty-five pounds.
- Ability to focus and follow through on each detail.