|at ( view profile)|
Are you passionate about social justice issues? Do you have a strong desire to make a difference in your community and create equality among all groups within society? If so, the YWCA Central Alabama has the perfect opportunity for you. Our Social Justice department is seeking a strong Coordinator of Programs to support this mission by serving middle and high school students in the Birmingham metropolitan area and equipping them with the skills to help make their schools and communities more fair and inclusive for all. This position will coordinate the following programs: Anytown Alabama, a week-long social justice leadership institute; Peace Birmingham, monthly gathering of high school students eager to explore social justice issues and the Heritage Panel, a school-based program in middle and high schools.
- Develop curricula and design trainings for various populations
- Supervise two Social Justice AmeriCorps members.
- Represent the YWCA in collaborations and coalitions that further the mission of the YWCA.
- Manage programmatic budgets.
- Measure program participation, outcomes, and other metrics.
- Use social media to promote Social Justice programming.
- Other tasks as assigned by CEO or the Director of Social Justice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Forms, and office practices and procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple tasks and priorities.
- Ability to work independently and with teams as necessary.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, at least two years professional experience; experience working with youth; strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to work with and supervise diverse populations; an understanding of social justice issues.
Requires the physical mobility to sit and walk for moderate periods of time.
Requires the physical ability to occasionally carry or lift objects weighing up to 20 pounds.
Qualified Applicants send resumes to email@example.com.