|at ( view profile)|
The Foundry Ministries, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Counselor, Men’s Program, Bessemer, AL. The Counselor is responsible for providing Biblically based pastoral counseling for program participants of The Foundry Ministries with a goal of helping the participants end the cycle of addiction.
It is the duty of the Counselor, Men’s Program to hold to the mission, vision, and core values of The Foundry.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Be each program participant’s advocate. Listen to their hearts. Meet their needs. Love the individual.
- Meet each program participant weekly to assess, direct and coach through his or her Genesis Process Relapse Prevention Plan and counseling needs.
- Bring together people, agencies, services, and other resources within a planned framework of action to achieve the goals of the life-recovery process.
- Assist case managers in meeting program participant needs.
- Conduct same day data entry utilizing the ministry’s program participant management software.
- Coordinate with case managers to facilitate legal appointments and communications with appropriate officials including notification to all concerned and/or court appointment parties at termination of residency. The Counselor represents The Foundry and not the program participant in legal matters.
- Ensure records and files are kept confidential.
- Teach and mentor program participants in every opportunity by using Biblical precepts and direct scriptural references.
- Pray with program participants.
- Maintain state certification and/or follow guidelines for supervision while working toward state certification.
- Complete Discipleship Counselor Training class.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma, High School Equivalency Certificate, or GED
- Two (2) years’ sobriety
- One (1) year post recovery program (if applicable)
- Tobacco Free
- Alcohol Free
- Consistent church membership and participation
- Current state issued ID
- Current state addictions counselor certification (if available)
- Strong interpersonal skills