|at ( view profile)|
Development / Fundraising
Full-time & Part-time
Job ID: 228964
Forge Breast Cancer Survivor Center (Forge) offers support, knowledge, strength, and direction to breast cancer survivors and their loved ones. Forge is a partnership created by Brookwood Baptist Health, The Community Foundation of Greater Birmingham, Grandview Medical Center, St. Vincent’s Health System, and UAB Medicine. Through Forge, all those touched by breast cancer can bond with others to Forge a new future.
Forge is seeking an energetic and highly organized individual to join our team as a Development Associate. Initially, this role will be part-time with the option to increase to full-time within a year. The Development Associate will be responsible for donor database
management, increasing fundraising capacity, and development-related research and reporting. The Development Associate will also work closely with the Forge Manager to implement development-related plans and strategies, cultivate donors, and execute special events.
• Work alongside Forge Manager to:
Create and implement Forge’s fundraising and sustainability plan
Create and implement Forge’s media strategy
Cultivate donors and conduct research on donor prospects
Research & apply for new/current grants and funding opportunities
Create and maintain community relationships
Plan & execute special events
Monitor development budget and resources
• Oversee donor database and prepare and present reports in collaboration with Data & Resource Coordinator
• Develop and disseminate newsletter, special event, and community engagement materials
• Assist with social media scheduling and management
• Conduct ongoing research in business, philanthropy, and related fields to identify potential donors and sources of donor information
• Remain current with events and trends in local and national business, nonprofit and philanthropy
• Other duties as assigned
Complexity of Work:
Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Candidate must demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills, superior attention to detail, excellent written and oral communication and a sense of humor. Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
Education: Bachelor's level degree; Advanced degree preferred
Minimum of three years of experience in one or more of the following areas, preferably in a nonprofit setting: marketing, media relations, grant writing, development, event planning, database management, and social media management.
Additional preferred qualifications:
• Valid driver's license and transportation
• Expertise with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google applications
**How to apply:**
As Forge’s current fiscal agent is St. Vincent’s Foundation, applicants will apply through St. Vincent’s Health System and Ascension. Please use the following link to apply for Job ID 228964: