|Address||6001 Crestwood Blvd|
Job Duties: SUPERVISORY
- Provides clinical supervision, management oversight, professional development and work direction to BCBAs as well as those seeking certification through the Behavior Analytic Certification Board (BACB) to meet clinical staff certification/licensing
- Oversees systems to monitor/review clinical programs to ensure optimal utilization of services and resources, to document that provision of direct care and clinical supervision is consistent with the service guidelines for all
- Tracks direct and indirect client sessions to ensure that services are provided to the full extent of the authorization for each
- Provide at minimum weekly individual meetings and quarterly evaluations for all staff in the Behavior Support Department to review employee goals and performance while giving feedback and training for
- Lead clinical staff meeting once/month to review caseload data & review relevant literature as a
- Provide field based checks of behavior analysts, monitor adherence to policy and procedures, and monitor
- To oversee the research, development, and the implementation of Behavior Support Plans to reduce targeted/maladaptive behaviors as well as increase adaptive/appropriate
- Review and sign off on Level 2 & 3 provider work prior to
- To visit day programs and group homes on a monthly Time will be spent with the staff on training and implementing Behavior Support Plans.
- Provide supervision of persons served in direct case management to identify areas of individual deficits and excesses, and to develop and implement individualized goals consistent with evidence-based Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
- Assists behavior analysts in conducting initial and ongoing assessments (such as Behavioral Functional Assessments, preference assessments,) necessary for plan implementation.
- Attend meetings as scheduled for annual support team meetings, as well as any interim meetings regarding behavioral concerns, change in placement, for persons served.
- Participate in IEP meetings for individuals enrolled in public schools as
- Participate in intake meetings/screenings for potential individuals seeking services (including visits to hospitals, other agencies, ) as they arise.
- To enter and graph data monthly using Excel for behavior data, sleep data, and side effects from psychotropic medications as
- To evaluate plan effectiveness based on data, reviewing progress notes, as well as the graphic representation of this data,
- To evaluate psychiatric medication effectiveness based on data, and review progress notes on this, as well as graphic representation of this data,
- Coordinate and collaborate with Nursing Department to schedule clinic dates, persons to be seen, and arrange for requisition of payment for onsite clinic twice monthly.
- Maintain all records for psychiatrist including clinic charts, contract/agreement, requisitions, and professional liability
- Assist on clinic days to provide information on specific individuals, and otherwise assist the psychiatrist as needed in clinic (get weights, organize charts,).
- Write and revise psychotropic medication review plans for all individuals that reside in the residential program and receive psychiatric services in clinic
- Review all educational psychotropic medication plans for individuals who see a psychiatrist outside of
- Review all Incident Reports of behavioral concerns and monitor the number of restraints
- Monitor psychotropic medications (additions, reductions, discontinuations) monthly & compile medication reference lists with
- Maintain all administrative records, individual data and electronic files in accordance with agency
- Collaborate with other areas/departments to identify program needs and maximize program potential through coordinated service delivery.
- To improve communication lines residential and day programs, as well as maintain contact with individuals’
- Responsible for ensuring all staff are meeting productivity/billable hour requirements as set in annual
- Participates in recruitment, interviewing, selection, and onboarding of behavior analyst
- Coordinates documentation to ensure reauthorization and continuation of services when
- Responsible for maintaining office capacity and ensuring all employees have full caseloads as set in annual
- Responsible for ensuring that office meets operating margin as set forth in
- Maintains accurate documentation of billable tasks that meets the requirements of regulatory agencies and funding sources, and is HIPAA
- Responsible for ensuring that office meets operating margin as set forth in
- Provide individualized field training for all staff, including mentoring behavior analysts to support career advancement
- To attend Arc training in-services as needed, including all annual recertification requirements.
- To broaden knowledge and understanding of the field of ABA & maintain continuing education requirements set forth by the BACB.
- To train and assist Arc staff in responding to individuals in various situations as needed at both day and residential programs.
- To train staff on Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) to ensure the safety, welfare, care,
- & security of all individuals and staff.
- Oversee CPI instructors and coordinate training, program materials, and team development of instructors.
- Provide training to new direct service staff in conjunction with the Training Committee and facilitate transition of new staff from training to independently providing treatment to individuals (i.e., ABA general procedures, or other special areas such as PECS, augmentative devices, pacing procedures, protective equipment, toileting, etc.)
- Provide training on Autism Spectrum Disorders and ABA to airport personnel and volunteers through the Wings for Autism program across the state.
- Conduct trainings as needed to other organizations on ABA, The Arc, and the overall mission.
- Participate in Admissions & Discharge Committee meetings monthly.
- Participate in monthly Administration Management Committee meetings and report on the current, future, and completed projects within the behavior support department.
- Review all basic assurance data monthly & report on Basic Assurance compliance to meet CQL standards.
- Schedule and participate quarterly in Behavior Review Committee meetings including presentation of new/revised behavior support plans, psychotropic medication plans, and other special projects as they arise including functional analysis protocols or crisis protocol & compile summary report of meeting.
- To consult with other agencies, and participate in various board meetings on an as needed basis on Behavior Analytic practices to ensure compliance with standards & regulations.
- Participate quarterly in Human Rights Committee meetings including presentation of new/revised behavior support plans, psychotropic medication plans, review of restraints and other restrictions, and review of psychotropic medication changes.
- Participation in events (such as Ability Academy, Be-You-tiful Birmingham, Wings for Autism, etc.) to ensure availability of behavioral supports.
- Continue partnership with Auburn University ABA Master’s Program Fellowship contract including maintaining all records of fellows and contracts.
- To perform other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor, and assist with all departments as needed in regards to behavioral concerns.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required: Master’s in Psychology or related field,
Board Certified Behavior Analyst, Alabama Licensed Behavior Analyst; Five years of related
professional experience working (minimum two years’ experience in a supervisory role)
Physical Requirements: This position requires frequently standing; walking; hand dexterity; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; or crawl; and talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception.
Email resume or application to: email@example.com or complete application and apply in person at 6001 Crestwood Blvd, Birmingham, Al 35212.