Development / Fundraising
|Address||4000 Ridgeway Drive|
Lakeshore Foundation is a non-profit 501c3 organization. Our mission is to enable people with physical disability and chronic health conditions to lead healthy, active, and independent lifestyles through physical activity, sport, recreation, advocacy, policy and research.
Lakeshore Foundation seeks an experienced philanthropy professional with a passion for nonprofit excellence. This position is under the general direction of the President, and includes a high degree of cooperation with other members of the staff. As a member of Lakeshore Foundation’s senior leadership team, the Director of Development will create, execute and evaluate all philanthropy strategies with a donor-centered philosophy to ensure a diverse and sustainable revenue portfolio to support Lakeshore Foundation’s missions. Lakeshore Foundation’s next Director of Development must be a proven and successful fundraiser or business development professional with the ability to manage large campaigns. It will require a unique individual whose passion and understanding of our mission will inspire, engage and educate people of all walks of life to make significant and meaningful financial contributions. It will require a leader with a strategic and entrepreneurial spirit who will review and analyze Lakeshore Foundation’s current fundraising model and, working with key staff and stakeholders, create and implement a new engagement and fundraising model to support Lakeshore Foundation’s future success.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, English, Marketing, Public Relations or related field.
- Proficiency in current practices and techniques of fundraising and grant writing as normally acquired though a minimum of five years related work experience.
- Knowledge of, and interest in, people who have experienced physical disability is preferred.
- Knowledge of Birmingham community a plus.
- Ability to work with management, board, staff, program participants, donors, volunteers, and professionals within the community in order to secure their support and cooperation.
- Ability to communicate information and coordinate activities among several groups
- CPR, Standard First Aid and AED are required. Valid Alabama Driver’s license required. Must pass a criminal and motor vehicle background check.
Please submit letter of interest and resume to Debbie Smith DebbieS@lakeshore.org.