|Address||3621 Sixth Avenue South|
Director of Finance
The Director of Finance is responsible for the business and financial operations of the organization, including financial planning, control, and reporting. The Finance Director is also responsible for the preparation of the annual operating budget, monthly financial statements, banking relations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain sound financial policies, procedures and internal controls for accounting, auditing, budgeting, purchasing, inventory and payroll procedures
- Manage the daily operations of the finance department to ensure proper recordkeeping, accuracy and efficiency
- Prepare the monthly financial statements and other reports as requested by the Executive Director or Board of Directors
- Direct the preparation of the organization’s yearly operating budget
- Provide information and documentation for yearly audit and review final audit for accurate reporting
- Work with the Finance Committee and Endowment Board on investment policies and strategies as well as ensuring proper accounting for all investment transactions
- Work with Executive Director, staff and board on long range financial planning
- Negotiate or review all contracts entered into by the ASO with other entities
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
The Director of Finance reports directly to the Executive Director and supervises one Accounting Associate.
Requirements: CPA with experience in nonprofit accounting preferable. Experience with accounting software (Quickbooks), excellent computer skills
Candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills to effectively work with ASO staff, musicians, board, donors, vendors, and bank personnel. Candidate must be able to maintain strict confidentiality or sensitive financial