|at ( view profile)|
Administration / Operations
|Job Function||Grant writer|
|Address||PO Box 320189|
Work with program directors to establish programmatic and fiscal benchmarks for all grants and monitor to ensure that grant objectives are met on time and within budget.
Responsible for compiling grants; researching and analyzing program data; reporting; grant database development and maintenance for the department; facilitates contract writing, procurement and monitoring
- Assist in writing, compiling, and submitting grant proposals
- Assist program and fiscal staff to design data capturing and reporting functions required per funding source
- Collaborates with program directors to establish timeline for each grant with benchmarks to include outputs, outcomes, matching funds, anticipated budget expenditures, etc.
- Monitor grant timelines at least quarterly in consultation with grant accountant and program manager to verify programmatic and budgetary benchmarks are in alignment with timeline. Accelerate monitoring to monthly during the last year of each grant. Revise timelines related to program and/or budget as needed.
- Maintain an understanding of grant funding sources to include funder awards, program data measurements, fiscal and reporting requirements. Research funder regulations as needed.
- Research data and best practices for grant proposal development
- Maintain searchable database of funding sources with reporting obligations; master grant file; and history of submitted reports
- Provide support for data entry, management, and cleaning, as needed.
- Review and help reconcile financial and program data as required by funding source or United Way
- Review and analyze program outcome measures
- Monitor sub-grantees for compliance with deliverables
- Compile required funding source reports to include financial, program and narrative information in coordination with staff and community initiatives’ management
- Under supervision of Project Coordinator/Office Manager, ensure that funding source reports are reviewed, and routed internally for formal review and submitted to funding source on a timely basis
- Coordinates and facilitates quarterly participation in Community Initiatives’ Continuous Quality Improvement Plan
Knowledge & Skills
Experience with federally and non-federally funded community service programs; Procurement and grants management experience; Excellent program management and organizational skills; Excellent computer experience with Microsoft operations and ability to integrate specialized management databases; Excellent written and oral communication skills; Proven ability to multi-task with high attention to detail and data/report accuracy; Proven ability to work in a team-based environment.
Master’s degree (preferred) in MS, MA, MBA, MPA, or related degree. BS required.
Minimum three years’ relevant professional work experience. Grant management and writing experience required.