|Job Function||Information Systems|
|Address||200 19th Street North|
*Sparking wonder and curiosity about our world through hands-on science experiences*
Position Title: Director of Technology
Supervisor: Vice President of Finance and Administration
The Director of Technology will ensure that the McWane Science Center technology infrastructure will operate efficiently, effectively and in-line with organizational goals. This position is responsible for overseeing all segments of the IT department. IT management responsibilities include establishing and maintaining technical and operational requirements; researching and evaluating solutions to solve the organization's technical challenges; working with other departments to budget and allocate funds for the organizations' technical equipment and software needs.
Accountabilities and Major Duties
• Responsible for strategic IT planning, including fostering innovation & allocating monetary resources.
• Direct operational IT planning, including planning projects and the allocation of manpower resources.
• Oversee the financial aspects of IT team including purchasing, budgeting & budget review.
• Coordinate IT staffing including hiring, supervision, scheduling, professional development and discipline. Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work environment; and developing personal growth opportunities.
• Collaborate with and maintain communications with senior management and department heads in the organization.
• Design, implement and enforce the policies, procedures and best practices.
• Research department solutions and make recommendations for the improvement of systems and infrastructure.
• Negotiate and approve technology vendor, outsourcing and consultant contracts and service agreements.
• Maintains organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
• Directs research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices and completion of developed projects.
• Verifies application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
• Associate degree or equivalent from a two-year or technical school with 3 years experience, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• At least two years experience providing technical and user support for a client-server software application with a web interface.
• Experience in ticketing box office desirable.
• Familiarity with Relational Database System concepts, SSRS or Crystal Reports.
• Knowledge of Transact SQL and the ability to extract and manipulate data from relational systems.
• Advanced spreadsheet skills.
• Basic understanding of HTML & CSS.
Minimum Physical Qualifications
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to crawl under desks and be able to climb to areas as far as 20’ off the ground.
• Must have visual acuity and manual dexterity.
• Must be able to operate a computer.
Benefits include health, dental and life insurance; 403(b) retirement savings plan; paid time off; free membership; discounts in our gift shop and food court; and on-site parking.
Please forward cover letter, resume and salary requirement to McWane Science Center Human Resources at HR@mcwane.org or fax 205-714-8400. EOE.