|at ( view profile)|
|Job Function||Fall 2018 Semester Unpaid Internship|
Railroad Park Foundation seeks a candidate to serve in an unpaid internship as Events Assistant during the fall 2018 semester. Those interested should apply by submitting a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Events Assistant is required to be out-of-doors frequently meeting with potential clients face-to-face, as well as remaining in regular contact by phone and email. This position requires strong organizational, interpersonal and communications skills, exceptional attention to detail, the ability to multi-task effectively, and the patience to deal with regular interruptions.
The basic responsibilities of the position include:
- Assist Events Specialist with managing Railroad Park private events.
- Assist with management of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama Get Healthy on the Railroad (GHOR) initiative.
- Assist with greeting walk-in visitors to Railroad Park Foundation office, as well as assist with answering Railroad Park Foundation phones, and checking voice mail. Keep informed of the Park’s FAQ’s, events, and information on the Park’s website, www.railroadpark.org and social media channels; handle customer complaints and compliments.
- Assist as needed with other signature Railroad Park events, including but not limited to: Family Camp Out Night, Trucks by the Tracks, Ice Skating, and City of Birmingham events.
- Other duties as assigned, including assist staff members with various team projects as needed.
- Positive, outgoing attitude
- Exceptional people skills, particularly in dealing with the general public and interacting with a variety of personality types
- Proven writing, grammar, and communication abilities
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, remain flexible, and provide excellent customer service in a high-pressure environment with frequent interruptions
- Ability to serve as part of a team
- Self-motivated; strong service ethic; seeks opportunities to help
- Database/computer management experience
- Competency in Microsoft Office is required. Intermediate to advanced skills in word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation software and internet preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Self-motivated and committed professional
- Enthusiastic proponent of Railroad Park
- Ability to read
- Ability to write
- Ability to speak clearly and effectively in person and on the phone
- Ability to lift items of at least 20 pounds
- Ability to drive
Benefits of Position:
- Experience serving at a high-profile non-profit
- Some schedule flexibility
- Extensive professional development
- Networking within the Birmingham non-profit community