|at ( view profile)|
Executive Director / CEO
|Salary||$55,000 + (commensurate with experience) plus benefits|
Schoolyard Roots seeks Executive Director
Schoolyard Roots builds community through food. By increasing access to fresh, locally-grown produce, we empower our community to make healthy and sustainable food choices.
Our goal is to create a network of school gardens that will build healthier communities, engage students in learning, and increase access to healthy, sustainably-grown food.
Schoolyard Roots partners with elementary schools to bring learning to life through teaching gardens. We train school teachers on our hands-on curriculum to help bring classroom concepts to life in the real world.
The Executive Director (ED) has overall responsibility for implementing the goals of Schoolyard Roots as expressed in its mission and strategic plan. The ED works closely with the staff and the Board of Directors, as well as partner agencies, supporters, and the community at large. The ED is responsible for financial management, including fundraising, drafting and implementing the annual budget, staff development, and overseeing the administrative activities of the organization. The ED supervises the staff and is the liaison between the Board of Directors and the staff. The ED works with the staff to create and follow through on all programming.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A passion and vision for garden-based environmental education
- Experience in strategically planning for and evaluating the growth of an outcomes-based organization
- Proven leadership and organizational management experience, including having coached staff, managed and developed high-performance teams, set and achieved strategic objectives, and a dynamic, flexible and creative approach to management
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience, including campaigns, major donors, grants, and fundraisers, with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders, including a board of directors
- Budgeting and financial management experience
- Track record of overcoming obstacles in challenging environments
- Willingness to travel occasionally
Candidate must be able to see a computer, hear oral instructions, give verbal instructions, and lift at least 20 lbs.
Schoolyard Roots is an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required
4-year degree, plus relevant experience
Salary & Benefits
Salary: $55,000+ (commensurate with experience) plus benefits.
Benefits include health insurance, paid time off, performance bonuses, and retirement contributions after one full year.
How To Apply
To Apply: Please send resume and letter of interest to interim director Eric Courchesne: email@example.com. Application deadline is November 10, 2017 (or until a qualified candidate is found).
Applications will be reviewed as they are received until the right candidate is found. Please do not call about this job posting – we will call candidates if invited for an interview. Preferred start date is December 1st, 2017.