Development / Fundraising
|Address||4600 Blue Spring Road|
Position Summary: The Development Manager is responsible for working in collaboration with the Executive Director to create, implement, grow, and manage the organization’s fund development program including individual and corporate giving, grant management and other support from foundations, organizations, government, and other entities. The Development Manager, in partnership with the Executive Director, will also oversee special events, and marketing and communication efforts to raise the visibility and brand of Girls Inc. Together, they will establish our organization as a relevant and worthy leader in the field of youth development. The development manager is responsible for managing the fundraising database.
Reports to: Executive Director
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop comprehensive fund development plan annually with direction from the Executive Director
- Create innovative approach to grow the annual giving campaign
- Work in collaboration with the Executive Director to strengthen relationships with existing donors
- Engage the board in fund development activities throughout the year, and work with the Executive Director to develop a culture of philanthropy among the committees and board
- Monitor fundraising activities and goals throughout the year and adjust strategies as needed to reach annual fundraising goals
- Work with the Executive Director and board committee to develop, plan, and execute special events that engage current donors and introduce new potential donors and volunteers to Girls Inc.
- Manage fund development database; including data entry, reporting and list outputs, ensuring accuracy of all data, and generating financial reports
- Execute list segmentation queries and prepare final mailing lists for direct mail and email campaigns
- Prepare analysis of fundraising campaign results and donor giving patterns to help determine effective fundraising plans
- Research potential donors
- Acknowledgement system administration: maintain and improve the existing systems and processes to provide gift processing and acknowledgement, gift accounting, reporting and stewardship
- Create acknowledgement for donors
- Develop a case for support, talking points, and an inventory of core proposal language to be used in seeking support for program and organizational funding needs
- Develop and implement the year-long communications calendar that coordinates email, social media, and event communications
- Manage the Girls Inc. website and social media presence including routinely updating content
- Maintain a “clip file” of media coverage secured each year and produce a year-end report outlining all agency coverage
- Coordinate the writing, design, preparation, production and distribution of Girls Inc. brochures, publications, and collateral materials.
- Build relationships with key media and public relations organizations and individuals in order to successfully pitch news stories and keep the Girls Inc. brand in the public eye
- Research and evaluate “requests for proposals” and opportunities for grant funding
- Works with the Executive Director, Program Director, and others to develop grant programs to complete and submit grant proposals.
- Track and prepare reporting to all grantors as required by grant
- Prepare draft proposal for new and renewal requests
- Energetic and passionate about the work of the organization, and an articulated belief in the mission of Girls Inc.
- Superior communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to write and speak to a variety of audiences
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with the board, staff, and management
- Ability to work flexibly in a fast-paced atmosphere
- Previous experience with data management a plus
- A minimum of 3 years of proven development/fundraising experience in the non-profit field
- Bachelor’s Degree in non-profit management, public administration, business management, marketing or related area preferred
- Computer competency in Microsoft Office, Excel, and desktop publishing
Please email a cover letter and resume outlining your interest and qualifications to email@example.com