|at ( view profile)|
Provide support and assistance to Housing staff in the overall operation of the YWCA’s Housing programs in a way that provides exceptional housing and services for applicants and residents, including those who are victims of domestic violence, while achieving the highest standards of compliance.
- Adhere to the policies of the YWCA and support its Mission and Vision.
- Provide compassionate, empowering assistance to all applicants and residents in a manner that prepares them to achieve the very best in their tenancy and in their lives, both directly through personal interaction and indirectly through work with other housing staff.
- Follow the procedures, schedule, and practices established by the YWCA under the supervision of the Director of Housing.
- Assist with follow-up case management and housing advocacy to transitional residents who are victims of domestic violence as they move into permanent housing, working with these clients to create and ensure a safe plan of stabilization and autonomy in permanent housing.
- Field inquiries about YWCA’s housing opportunities and provide assistance and follow-up with interested applicants providing appropriate information, resources, and referrals as warranted.
- Process rental applications on a timely basis in a manner consistent with LIHTC, AHP, HOME, HUD and all relevant governing source compliance measures.
- Update and manage on an ongoing basis, all waiting lists for YWCA’s Housing; ensure compliance with YWCA’s Housing Tenant Selection Plans in the movement of potential and existing residents, into and out of, housing.
- Assist with administrative tasks including hardcopy and electronic record-keeping, filing, copying, packaging of housing materials, answering telephones and other administrative tasks.
- Assist with data entry on the YWCA’s property management software including, but not limited to, charging and posting deposits.
- Work both independently and in coordination with housing staff to address tenant issues, communication with applicants and/or residents, inspections and/or other residency matters, as may be required.
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Building Services and/or designee(s) to ensure coordination with the Housing Department in providing exceptional property management of the housing units.
- Assist with the planning and facilitation of any tenancy meetings, events and/or functions including those involving transitional and permanent housing residents.
- Provide agenda and take minutes at all housing staff meetings including distribution and follow up with relevant staff.
- Actively participate in all Housing Department meetings and work collaboratively with other members of the YWCA’s Housing Department in the fulfillment of the department’s obligations.
Perform all other duties deemed necessary for the smooth operation of the Housing Office and the YWCA, overall.
- Able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Administrative experience in working with property management and/or client services. College degree preferred; experience working with low income populations preferred.
- A passion and a capacity for work that improves opportunities for those in greatest need
- The ability to sensitively work with diverse populations living below, at, or slightly above poverty
- Excellent interpersonal skills with adults and children and crisis intervention experience.
- Computer skills in word processing and spreadsheets along with a willingness to adapt to new software as may be needed
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both verbally and in writing, with colleagues, tenants and the general public
- Valid driver’s license and a driving record acceptable by the agency’s insurance company