|at ( view profile)|
|Job Function||Provides services to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault through advocacy and everyday life skills.|
POSITION: Lead Advocate
PURPOSE: Provides services to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault through advocacy and everyday life skills.
ACCOUNTABILITY: Works under the general direction of and is accountable to the Shelter Operations Coordinator and carries out responsibilities within the shelter.
FLSA CLASS: Full Time Non-Exempt
RESPONSIBILITIES and PRINCIPLE DUTIES:
- Provide services to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault in residential shelter. Services include advocacy, transportation to and from approved sites per case management plan, obtaining household and personal items, and assist with development of everyday life skills.
- Assist with coordination and development of monthly staffing calendar.
- Provide training and oversight to advocates.
- Respond to and documents incoming Crisis Line calls.
- Provide appropriate referrals for callers seeking assistance.
- Conduct client intakes into shelter services.
- Input data daily into computer reporting databases.
- Monitor and prepare client chores, sign-out sheets, last check in’s, and safety drills.
- Maintain facility in a safe and orderly manner within ACADV standards by conducting safety and security checks, identifying client needs, and ascertaining a timely resolution to problems.
- Maintain organization of files and cleanliness in staff offices and restrooms.
- Assist staff with other programs and events going on in and out of shelter as needed.
- Provide shift coverage in shelter on an as needed basis.
- Attend ACADV training events as appropriate.
High school diploma or equivalent, valid Alabama Driver’s License, automobile insurance and willingness to use said automobile in performing work duties is required. Must have previous supervisory experience. Must have flexible schedule. Applicant should have knowledge of the dynamics of domestic violence and sexual assault and demonstrate interpersonal communication skills to coordinate activities with residents and staff.
Requires the physical mobility to sit and walk for moderate periods of time and to occasionally carry or lift objects weighing up to20 pounds.
Please send a resume to Elishua Markham, Shelter Operations Coordinator. No phone calls accepted.