Full Time Position with the Breast Cancer Research Foundation of Alabama (BCRFA), a nonprofit organization located in Birmingham, AL. The BCRFA’s mission is “to help find a cure for breast cancer by funding promising breast cancer research and to promote awareness and funding for that research.” Funds raised by BCRFA support breast cancer research initiatives in Alabama.
The Marketing and Development Manager oversees all communication platforms: written and electronic correspondence and collateral materials, oral presentations, social media strategy, website maintenance and media relations. Additionally, s/he helps plan and facilitate fundraising and awareness events, serves as a representative of the organization at community events, maintains donor database, and assists Executive Director with identifying and securing new sponsors, grants and donors. Manages organization’s Junior Board.
- Work with Executive Director and Board to create and execute an integrated marketing and communications strategy resulting in annually increasing donation to research
- Develop a content calendar across all platforms ensuring a constant supply of relevant content
- Plan and implement marketing campaigns and create all marketing and collaboration materials including e-newsletters, regular e-blasts, press releases for external distribution, and website content
- Engage with community to create positive PR opportunities and increase awareness
- Monitor and respond to comments and questions from the community via website, social media and other external inquiries
- Maintain photo galleries for events/activities on social media and website and update website content
- Write press releases and advisories for distribution to local media; pitch stories to media outlets
- Track and increase organizational media coverage
- Increase brand awareness and recognition for the organization and its mission
- Monitor and report on effectiveness of and return on investment from marketing strategies
- Process and acknowledge donations and maintain donor database of 3,500 donors
- Assist with Grant/Sponsorship Proposals and Reporting
- Supervise communications interns and special event volunteers
- Coordinate event logistics for fundraisers and community events
- Manage Junior Board and its efforts to increase awareness and funding for the organization’s mission
- Other duties as needed to support the organization’s mission of “Funding Research… Saving Lives”
Job Requirements and Competencies:
- Relevant marketing and/or development experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Positive interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite, and donor management platforms – the BCRFA utilizes Network for Good for its donor management, fundraising campaigns and communications platform.
Reporting: Marketing and Development Manager reports to the Executive Director.
Send resume and cover letter to Beth Davis, firstname.lastname@example.org