|at ( view profile)|
The Foundry Ministries, Birmingham, AL has an immediate opening for a Men’s Counselor. The Counselor is responsible for providing Biblically-based pastoral counseling for program participants of the Foundry Ministries with a goal of helping the participants end the cycle of addiction.
- Be each program participant’s advocate. Listen to their hearts. Meet their needs. Love the individual.
- Meet each program participant weekly to assess, direct and coach through their Genesis Process Relapse Prevention Plan and counseling needs. Document counseling notes using program participant management software.
- Communicate program roster changes as necessary to correctly communicate program participant status (same day data entry).
- Bring together people, agencies, services, and other resources within a planned framework of action to achieve the goals of the life-recovery process.
- Coordinate with case managers to facilitate legal appointments and communications with appropriate officials including notification to all concerned and/or court appointment parties at termination of residency. The Counselor represents The Foundry and not the program participant in legal matters.
- Provide monthly statistics for counseling services.
- Maintain a safe, transparent, and healing environment that is based on grace, truth, and love. Encourage trust and authenticity without fear.
- Teach and mentor program participants in every opportunity by using Biblical precepts and direct scriptural references. Refrain from personal opinions.
- Build healthy, loving, and compassionate relationships with program participants while establishing healthy and safe boundaries. Don’t make decisions for people.
- Remain vigilant of the warning signs of co-dependency. Our worth and identity comes from Christ and not our performance, results or metrics.
- Pray with program participants.
- Assist Director of Counseling with the implementation of classes, small groups, and curriculum.
- Participate in in-house meetings and training sessions.
- Maintain state certification and/or follow guidelines for supervision while working toward state certification.
- Complete Discipleship Counselor Training class.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma, High School Equivalency Certificate, or GED
- Two (2) years’ sobriety
- One (1) year post recovery program (if applicable)
- Tobacco Free
- Alcohol Free
- Consistent church membership and participation
- Current state issued ID
- Current state addictions counselor certification (if available)
- Strong interpersonal skills; proven ability to resolve issues in a calm and efficient manner
- Servant leader
- Quick learner and enjoys the challenge of taking on new assignments
- Willingness to be a team player
- Consistently exercises good judgment and common sense
- Must train and pass The Foundry Ministry’s driver training curriculum prior to operating a ministry vehicle