|at ( view profile)|
|Address||3529 7th Avenue South|
To provide case management for consumers enrolled in the Living Well Outpatient Center and Living Well MISSION programs
Bachelor’s degree in Social Work with LBSW licensure
Experience providing services to individuals experiencing problems related to mental health, substance abuse, and homelessness
Must be comfortable working with consumers in various community settings
Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and automobile insurance, safe driving record
Basic computer skills
MSW/LMSW strongly preferred
Experience providing Trauma-Informed Care, Motivational Interviewing, and/or Harm Reduction services
1. Provide case management assessment, planning, and services and community outreach with homeless and formerly homeless individuals with substance abuse, mental health, and/or co-occurring problems;
2. Provide individual and group vocational, educational, and recovery support services;
3. Work as a vital member of the treatment team, attending all relevant meetings and agency events;
4. Complete all documentation and billing procedures as required by Alabama Medicaid Targeted Case Management, Alabama Department of Mental Health, and Ryan White Program Standards;
5. Work closely with consumers and community housing resources to obtain housing stability for consumers; support formerly homeless consumers in maintaining stable housing;
6. Maintain close contact with other treatment providers, within the agency and the community, to promote the smooth integration of LWM services with other providers;
7. The case manager will have a designated workspace at the Living Well Outpatient Center; however, they will spend a lot of time in the community meeting with/assisting clients and meeting with members of various community programs;
8. Consistently maintain (minimum) 60% productivity goal;
9. Other duties as assigned.
1. Schedule: Full time, must be able to work night/weekend hours depending on consumer needs;
2. Physical Requirements: Must be able to travel to community sites to provide services as needed; may lift up to 50lb occasionally;
3. Safety/Environmental: Exposure to multi-cultural consumers and/or family members with HIV/AIDS (or other STI’s) as well as impaired cognitive behaviors. Outreach and service provision in varied environments.
Represent the agency in person, and through all other methods of communication, in a way that reflects the agency’s mission. Adhere to all AIDS Alabama, Inc. Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines (including, but not limited to, Human Resources/Personnel, Finance, Operational, and Housing) as presented and as adapted. Establish a strong, solid line of communication with the Living Well Outpatient Center Coordinator and Clinical Director. All employees are expected to perform and communicate openly, effectively, and professionally with staff members, consumers, and external business partners. Be aware that breach of confidentiality is grounds for dismissal. This job description can be modified to reflect additional tasks.
AIDS Alabama expects staff to create a safe space in which all people are valued, respected, and treated with dignity; sexuality is accepted as a healthy part of being human. In such a space, all people would be celebrated for who they are and provided with the economic, educational, and social opportunities to reach their full potential.
Go to www.aidsalabama.org/jobs.
AIDS Alabama is an Equal Opportunity Employer.