|at ( view profile)|
The Case Manager is primarily responsible for assessing eligibility of homebound seniors 60 years of age and older in Jefferson County for participation in the Meals on Wheels program.
- Complete intake for program referrals
- Manage wait list
- Assist clients with questions/problems/concerns
- Submit care plans for frozen meal clients
- Refer clients to other services as needed
- Annual reassessment of all program participants and completion of re-enrollment form
- Processing and printing of daily route sheets
- Adjusting route sheets when client will not be home for delivery
- Inactivating clients removed from program
- Adding new clients
- Communicate any route sheet changes to MOW Volunteer Coordinator
- Work closely with volunteers and staff drivers regarding client needs
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date client information in software program(s)
- Provide safety checks on clients as needed
- Complete and submit required reports to Alabama Department of Senior Services (ADSS)
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills:
Must have good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work effectively with a diverse population of volunteer, consumers, and co-workers. Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment. Excellent organizational and computer skills.
Master's Degree in Social Work, Counseling, or related field.
1-2 years' case management work experience
Must be a minimum of 21 years of age. Able to lift a minimum of 30 lbs.
Valid Alabama driver's license. Reliable transportation. Proof of automobile insurance commensurate with State law. Background checks to include but not limited to criminal record, drug screen, and TB Test. Normal office environment with occasional overtime and travel throughout the state. Cell phone required.