|at ( view profile)|
|Address||309 23rd Street North|
YWCA Central Alabama is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. Our vision is to create a more caring community. We work every day to make a positive change in the lives of individuals and in the community. YWCA Central Alabama responds to the needs of women, children and families, provide shelter, dignity, hope, and a strong foundation as we help those we serve find the strength to rebuild their lives.
YWCA Central Alabama is looking for a Sales Associate to receive and sort donations as well as support the operations of My Sister's Closet retail store.
- Work efficiently to sort donations by program specifications.
- Oversee and organize clothing closet on the 2nd floor of the main building, which houses children and men’s clothing.
- Strong eye for detail is needed to assess donations
- Transport sorted items to various YW programs as well as other designated off-site locations.
- Exhibits friendliness toward and consideration of YWCA employees, volunteers, participants, and the general public
- In general, demonstrates energy and enthusiasm for her/his work.
- Ability to multitask between keeping the donation room and 2nd floor closet organized and maintained
- Performing and/or coordinating duties related to Santa's Workshop, Prom Palooza or any YW event that involves MSC (My Sister's Closet)
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Maintain tracking system for clothing requests
- Ability to respond appropriately to challenging situations
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of individuals, including peers, volunteers, supervisors, and community partners
- Assist supervisor with MSC daily operational tasks and coordinating and overseeing volunteers as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid driver’s license and use of automobile with current insurance required.
- Lift and carry at least 50 pounds.
- Must be available to work daytime hours Monday-Friday and some Saturdays
All interested and qualified applicants should send a resume to Ty Jackson at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.