|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Birmingham, United States|
|Job Function||Assist with general operations of My Sister’s Closet including, but not limited to: organization, appearance, sales, referrals, stock, donations, pricing, scheduling, and supervision. This is a temporary, part-time position.|
- Keep store organized and flowing smoothly, maintaining a neat and safe environment for shoppers and volume.
- Assist customers with purchases and making selections.
- Responsible for end of day register count and maintaining records of daily numbers.
- Maintain database for tracking program statistics.
- Work with referring agencies and their clients to meet their clothing needs.
- Hang and price all incoming donations, according to the outlined pricing guides.
- Welcome, train, and supervise program volunteers, including individuals and groups.
- Organize two clearance sales during the year.
- Oversee and organize clothing closet on the 2nd floor of the main building, which houses children’s and men’s clothing.
- Adhere to YWCA policies and guidelines.
- Demonstrate competence as an information source about the YWCA programs.
- Exhibit an awareness of, and ability to deal with, diversity among people, including disabilities among clients, staff and customers
- Maintain confidential information
- Respond appropriately to challenging situations
- Communicate effectively with a variety of individuals, including peers, volunteers, supervisors, customers and participants
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Valid driver’s license and use of automobile with current insurance required
- Retail experience preferred
- Must be available to work daytime hours Monday-Friday
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Lift and carry at least 30 pounds.
All interested and qualified applicants should send a resume to Mary Jane Gibson at firstname.lastname@example.org . No phone calls, please.