Administration / Operations
The Operations Specialist will provide duties to the COO in ensuring delivery of services and monitoring day-to-day operations of the agency to include Residential, Day and Work services.
Job Duties: Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the COO and the individual service team in implementing quality, appropriate and cost-effective services for residents assigned.
- Provides case management services for residents in conjunction with residential staff and/or resident’s representative, health providers and other outside sources significant to the resident’s needs.
- Works with, residential and day, wellness department, business office and maintenance staff to assist with coordinating operations, initiates and facilitates placement efforts for residents as needed.
- Arranges tours of the facility for prospective residents.
- Participates in daily interdisciplinary treatment team meetings as needed.
- Timely reviews of individualized service plans, personnel data sheets; conducts chart audits/reviews, periodic facility visit forms and case management notes as assigned ensuring records follow Arc regulations and facility requirements.
- Maintains an effective and cooperative working relationship with community based human service agencies and represents the facility in a positive and professional manner.
- Attends community and committee meetings as assigned.
- Performs other related job duties and special projects as assigned by the COO
- May assist director of residential services and individuals served in developing and implementing practices to minimize risk, damage to facilities, furnishing and equipment at the agency.
- Participates in Safety Committee and other pertinent risk management training and follows all Arc and department specific risk management procedures as outlined in the Arc Personnel Policy and Procedure manual.
- Adheres to Arc policy and procedures regarding reporting accidents/injuries immediately to the COO and the Director of each assigned department.
- Other duties as assigned
- Qualifications, Skills and Abilities Required: Minimum of two years’ experience in working with intellectual disabilities population including medical and mental health focus.
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in human services required, preferred BSW
- Organized and capable of working independently.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well with residents, families, staff members, and volunteers.
- Demonstrates good judgment, excellent problem solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Professional appearance with excellent hygiene.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and internet email.
Email resume or application to: firstname.lastname@example.org or complete application and apply in person at 6001 Crestwood Blvd, Birmingham, Al 35212.