|at ( view profile)|
Administration / Operations
|Salary||$14 -$15 per hr plus benefits|
|Address||107 Walter Davis Dr.|
- JOB TITLE: Partner Services Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Operations
Location: Birmingham, AL
Full-time: Monday - Friday 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
Wage: $14 -$15 per hr plus benefits
- JOB FUNCTION
The Community Food Bank of Central Alabama is hiring a Partner Services Coordinator who is responsible for assisting with the receipt, distribution and promotion of foods available to charitable partners feeding program. The position provides a high level of customer service to food donors and partner feeding programs. It also serves as a key liaison among multiple internal food banks teams including operations, agency relations, and programs.
The Community Food Bank of Central Alabama is a nonprofit, tax exempt charity. We feed people in need today and foster collaborative solutions to end hunger tomorrow. We accomplish this mission by supplying 10 million meals a year to 230 food pantries, shelters and children’s programs in 12 counties of Central Alabama.
We also create healthy food access through direct service programs. For example, we feed children at risk of hunger during school breaks, deliver fresh produce and other staples to residents living in isolated communities and provide food to under-nourished mothers of critically ill infants through on-site hospital food pantries.
- TO APPLY
Please send an application, resume, cover letter and one short writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Applications can be found at our website http://www.feedingal.org/jobs. Please add the job title to the subject line of your email, and no calls please - thank you!
- PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide exemplary customer service to food donors and partner feeding programs.
- Act as key liaison among multiple internal food bank teams including operations, agency relations, and programs.
- Develop, maintain and improve procedures to ensure proper inventory control and order delivery to food pantry partners.
- Publicize with photos and descriptions new foods – particularly healthy food choices - available for partners on the Food Bank’s online ordering system.
- Oversee operation of the Food Bank’s online ordering system, including fielding questions from partner feeding programs on system utilization, lead monthly system trainings, and perform administrative tasks associated with maintaining the system.
- Contribute to monthly agency newsletters.
- Assist donors by coordinating and promoting food drives as well as scheduling food drive pick-ups.
- Support the preparation of orders placed by partner feeding programs by generating/editing pick tickets and invoices.
- Assist in the management of Food Bank’s programmatic activities including placing and filling monthly food orders for our mobile food pantries, mobile grocery store, weekend meal kit program, summer meals initiative and other programs.
- Input critical data from programs such as the retail store donation program and summer meals program.
- Input inbound donations and orders into the Food Bank’s inventory control software.
- Schedule and coordinate outbound and inbound deliveries and pick-ups.
- Update food recall information on website and with staff members.
- Maintain food safety documentation and binders including daily, weekly, monthly and annual cleaning schedules, food recall exercises, chemical control inventory and more.
- Maintain facility repair and maintenance log.
- Order supplies as requested.
- Assist with inventory counts and verify the accuracy of inputs into the Food Bank’s inventory system.
- Provide directions to drivers making deliveries.
- Other duties as assigned.
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree or related experience
- Inventory management experience a plus
VII. REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficient use of the Food Bank’s online ordering system, inventory control software system, WordPress website and donor software is required after three weeks.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Professional Suite including Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple concurrent tasks.
- Data entry skill and accuracy. Attention to detail.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong organizational and motivational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team.
- Reliability, consistency and dependability are required.
- ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to input data in a computer.
- Ability to communicate with diverse constituents and staff in person, via email and on the phone.
- Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds and weigh product on a scale.
- Ability to drive motor vehicles.
- Valid Alabama driver’s license.
This job description does not constitute a contract.
The Community Food Bank is an equal opportunity employer and provider.