Development / Fundraising
|Job Function||The Philanthropy Manager will work under the direction of the Vice President of Development and Marketing to implement all aspects of fundraising activities for Feeding the Gulf Coast. This includes coordinating planned giving, major giving, annual giving, capital campaigns and corporate donations. With the goal of expanding and enhancing corporate and individual relationships, the Philanthropy Manager is responsible for identifying and soliciting new prospects, managing donor relations and securing funding sources that support the immediate and long-term goals of Feeding the Gulf Coast.|
|Address||5248 Mobile South Street|
Major Gifts, Planned Giving and Annual Giving
- Works with the Vice President of Development and Marketing to grow and diversify sources of giving.
- Establishes and implements a comprehensive plan for the marketing of planned giving, and major giving including developing informational resource materials and strategies for contacting donor target groups.
- Assumes responsibility for a portfolio of mid-level and planned giving prospects and donors; works closely with Vice President of Development and Marketing to develop and implement tailored action plans, solicitation strategies and proposals for each prospect; makes face-to-face calls both with and without key Feeding the Gulf Coast staff.
- Oversees monthly giving program. Nurtures existing monthly donors, cultivates growth and coordinates opportunities to expand monthly giving program.
- Responsible for coordinating, executing and evaluating annual and special appeals to build individual and corporate giving.
- Identifies, cultivates and solicits existing and prospective individual, corporate and other supporters to achieve annual and long-range fundraising goals.
Stewardship and Communication
- Supports the CEO, Board of Directors and Vice President of Development and Marketing in fostering and maintaining strong relationships with major gift and individual donors.
- Creates opportunities which support the highest standards of donor stewardship aimed at deepening engagement with current donors and building the pipeline for leadership for major gifts, corporate partnerships and planned gifts.
- Responsible for establishing, implementing and maintaining processes for donor recognition at multiple levels of donor engagement.
- Maintains consistent and meaningful contact with current and prospective donors.
- Works collaboratively with members of the marketing team to prepare articles, information and marketing materials, as required, to support gift opportunities and recognize donors and sponsors.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality and professionalism in communicating with donors, potential donors and community partners.
Networking and Community Engagement
- Coordinates activities associated with engaging the community for the organization, ensuring integrity and a positive organizational image.
- Represents the food bank at a variety of community events and chamber meetings to increase awareness of our mission and how others can volunteer, partner, and donate food and/or funds.
- Identifies new ways to increase community engagement, revenue and organizational partnerships.
- Works closely with development and marketing team members to build awareness opportunities and incentives for corporations and corporate foundations, event sponsorships, cause-marketing opportunities and employee giving campaigns.
- Participates in required Feeding the Gulf Coast departmental and organizational meetings.
- Prepares reports of fundraising activities as requested and ensures revenue goals and specific measurable objectives, strategies and funding timetables are met.
- Responsible for donor database entry and maintenance of donor and gift records including updating as needed. Oversees the accurate recording of donor contacts in conjunction with Moves Management strategies and principles.
- Prepares reports, memos, letters, and other documents as needed for the President & CEO and Vice President of Development and Marketing.
- Identifies, solicits and secures special event sponsorship's in collaboration with the marketing and community engagement team.
- Works directly with Vice President of Development and Marketing to create and establish detailed acceptance policies, procedures and protocols for various types of donations, including establishing procedures for the tracking and qualifying of planned gift/major gift prospects and supporting these procedures through careful and confidential record keeping.
- Maintains an evolving knowledge of the fundraising field generally, including seeking professional development opportunities which strengthen expertise of current issues and trends.
- Perform various other marketing and development duties as assigned.