|at ( view profile)|
|Address||3100 Highland Avenue South|
Independent Presbyterian Church (IPC) seeks to glorify God in truth, beauty and service to others. The Program Assistant for Recess will assist the Director of Recess to develop and lead our new effort to establish a dementia care program for our congregation and community,beginning twice weekly (Tuesday, Thursday) from 10-2. This position reports to the Director of Dementia Care Program.
• Strong commitment to the Christian faith and Christ’s Church
• Great love for older adults and their faith, dignity, and joy. Energetic, playful, creative, adaptive, and patient personality.
• Experience in social work, nursing, or teaching is preferred but not required
• Good administrative, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Familiarity with or willingness to learn about dementia and related illness
• Assist the Director of Recess in planning and implementing Recess classes, with the help of volunteers. Program should include a daily Christian devotional, and may include music, art projects, and games
• Keep classroom, storage, and work areas neat and tidy
• Maintain a willingness to spread awareness about the program within the church and greater community
• Share pictures and stories with other IPC media
• Keep in good contact with participant’s families
• Report pertinent information to Associate Pastor for Congregational Ministries
• Physical stamina and ability to maintain a constant state of alertness to supervise and participate in activities with older adults.
• Visual acuity—close and distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to focus, with or without correction.
• Talking—expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
• Hearing—perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels, with or without correction.
Applicants will be required to complete IPC employment screening, which requires disclosure of any history of criminal activity and/or sex offense. Upon preliminary selection of a candidate, IPC will conduct a background check, reference checks, and a pre-employment drug screen.
This position description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. The program assistant will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties may be required.