|at ( view profile)|
|Job Function||Seeking creative, self-motivated person to manage activities for Adult Day Care clients.|
|Salary||Salary range commensurate to level of education and experience within a mission budget.|
|Address||730 8th Ave W Ste 102|
Qualities and skills needed:
- Education level: Minimum High School equivalent, advanced education preferred
- Good computer skills: MS Office
- Self-directed and results-oriented, demonstrating initiative and follow-through
- Strong interpersonal skills. The ability to communicate with, supervise, direct and correct employees when needed
- Experience in planning and leading activities for persons with dementia
- Ability to work as a team member
- Sense of humor and a love of mission
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that daily responsibilities of staff are carried out.
- Be firm yet a fair mediator.
- Meet with the administration staff bi-weekly
- Sit in on monthly staff meetings
- Prepare weekly/monthly activity schedule.
- Create new activities. Train the staff in leading the activities and how to engage the clients.
- Make sure staff has what is needed to work the activity
- Plan special holiday celebrations and monthly Birthday parties
- Work with the contract Therapists (Music, Art, Drum & Movement) Prepare monthly reports.
- Arrange for special programs to be brought to the Center (i.e. music groups, dance, etc.)
- Keep a list of previous months activities and new activities
Client Care / Program:
- Assist clients as needed (i.e. bathrooming, feeding, treatments, etc.).
- Talk to prospects / caregivers and give information about program. (in person and on phone)
- Write up client updates and incident reports as needed
- Assist with bi-annual client assessments
Other tasks as assigned.
Misc.: Flexibility and willingness to do whatever needs to be done are two of the most desired qualities. Being able to work as a team member is vital. Responsibilities are subject to change as Center needs arise and upon consultation with your supervisor.