|at ( view profile)|
|Job Function||Training Instructor|
Skills Training Instructor works with young adults with developmental disabilities in an employment skills training environment at a local host site. Approximately 25 hours per week.
Under the supervision of the Director of Employment Services, the Skills Training Instructor (STI) will be responsible for providing training and support for student interns, host site co-workers, families, area businesses and the community to insure success during the worksite rotations and/or a competitive job. The STI will also be responsible, as assigned, to provide extended services to clients who have gained and retain community employment. This position will include marketing of The Arc’s program to employers in Shelby County.
Depends on training site and skill being trained: standing, sitting, bending, stooping, lifting, grasping and stretching. Visual skills. Vehicle travel and driving. Fine motor dexterity.
Degree in related field preferred, but not requiredExperience working with individuals who have developmental disabilities (or similar experience is strongly preferred).
- The ability to maintain First Aid and CPR certification
- Valid Driver’s license and proof of acceptable levels of automobile insurance
- Ability to perform duties in a variety of settings, including professional situations, private homes, area businesses and other sites.
- Sales/marketing experience preferred.
- Computer skills, including word processing, excel and database.
Participates in professional growth activities such as conferences, in-services, etc.Is an effective role model.Shows enthusiasm and a sense of humor.Exhibits an overall positive attitude.Utilizes sound judgment and decision-making skills.Uses Standard English in oral and written communication.