|at ( view profile)|
Administrative Support / Clerk
|Job Function||Administrative Assistant|
|Salary||$16.09- $19.62 per hour|
|Address||1209 Fort Lasley Avenue|
R-3995 Reference #7865057
Posting Date: January 11, 2019
We receive our applications through the Alabama Career Center System. Please review position requirements below for minimum qualifications. Visit your local State Career Center or contact via phone 256-480-2109 or fax 256-362-7219 for instructions and application materials.
AIDB is sensitive to the needs of Blind or Visually Impaired and Deaf or Hard of Hearing and will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees that do not impose undue hardship and are not essential functions of the job.
POSITION: Administrative Assistant III to Vice President
of Office of Institutional Advancement
The ideal candidate must have/possess:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of five years successful related experience in professional office procedures and management, administrative duties, and record-keeping.
- A knowledge of computers and software programs to include an intermediate-level of proficiency using Google and Microsoft Office Suites.
- Must possess keyboarding skills of at least 45 wpm and have strong data entry skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, and the ability to plan ahead, be able to complete complex tasks and demonstrate strong personal initiative.
- A sign language proficiency level of SURVIVAL according to the AIDB evaluation system must be obtained within the first thirty (30) months employment.
- The ability to follow oral and written instructions; demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy in work; anticipate and address potential challenges; and meet established deadlines.
- The ability to handle sensitive or restricted information in a professional and confidential manner and to manage the recording/composing of minutes for official meetings.
- The ability to interact with the public and AIDB staff in a friendly and positive way, promoting a positive image of AIDB at all times and further demonstrate pleasant telephone and interpersonal communication skills.
Upon offer of employment, the ABI/FBI record check must be completed based on the Alabama Child Protection Act of 1999 pursuant to Act 2002-457. A non-refundable fee of $46.90 is required at the scheduled appointment. Suitable criteria must be confirmed by the Alabama State Department of Education prior to beginning to work.
- Assists the Vice President and other Office of Institutional Advancement (OIA) staff members in a variety of administrative tasks and details such as arranging itineraries, calendars, agendas, meetings or making telephone contacts and composing routine correspondence on his/her behalf.
- Assists the Vice President of Office of Institutional Advancement staff in maintaining and monitoring the unit’s state budget; submits the requisition/purchase orders and appropriate paperwork in a timely manner; provides regular budgetary updates/reports, etc.
- Make arrangements for meetings, events and conferences under general direction.
- Works closely with other OIA staff to ensure that relationships with donors, prospective donors, and VIPs are adequately maintained and scheduled.
- Compiles data and reports for submission to the Vice President, President, Board of Trustees and the AIDB Foundation Board of Directors and other relevant committees and groups as requested or scheduled.
- Serves as Secretary to the AIDB Foundation Board of Directors and to the Marianna Greene Henry (MGH) Equestrian Program Board of Directors, recording and drafting written minutes of official meetings; providing follow-up activity as appropriate.
- Assists the Vice President of OIA in monitoring and coordinating scholarship, fundraising, community relations, marketing and promotional programs/activities of the Institute.
- Assists the Vice President and OIA staff in the organization of AIDB special events.
- Composes complex and/or technical material including charts, graphs, and tables from rough drafts into final form for review by supervisor.
- Receives, sorts according to content and distributes mail; organizes and composes correspondence with direction and review from supervisor.
- Receives, screens and routes visitors and telephone calls, giving and gathering information effectively for reference to appropriate staff person.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining necessary inventory of office supplies and materials and monitors equipment and facility maintenance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SALARY: $16.09 - $19.62 per hour Scale C5 Rank 41
Direct Deposit is required
This is a non-exempt position and is subject to overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.,
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Open Until Filled