|at ( view profile)|
Development / Fundraising
|Address||PO Box 320189|
Assists in planning, organizing, directing and evaluating fundraising activities in assigned industries and divisions of the annual campaign.
- Supervises and supports volunteer efforts in specific multiple annual campaign divisions.
- Builds relationships with community leaders and corporations
- Communicates United Way community efforts to individuals, corporations and community leaders through individual visits or public presentations
- Assists in preparation and execution of training programs for fundraising volunteers.
- Assists in development of new markets through prospecting, new business verification process and media opportunities.
- Prepares required campaign reports and shares campaign strategies with volunteers.
- Acts as United Way representative at various community functions and appropriate committees.
- Performs duties and projects as assigned by the Director and Vice President Campaign.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Working knowledge of community, nonprofit organizations, and the social and economic structure of the community. Ability to grasp ideas and translate them into positive actions through problem solving skills producing results. Ability to organize and supervise projects involving multiple volunteers, companies, and donors.
- Ability to motivate self and others. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to demonstrate competency in word processing, excel, and data base management.
United Way or other fundraising organization, social service agency, or commerce industry is desirable.