|at ( view profile)|
|Job Function||The SAIL Project is a collaboration of services including DHR, ACADV, and local domestic violence programs like SafeHouse, to assist DHR clients as well as those in the community who are or have been victims of domestic violence through envelopment of a safety plan that is specific to clients’ needs. Specialist will assist any survivor of domestic violence and/or sexual assault in the provision of services and support. Community/ Follow Up Case Manager provides voluntary case management, advocacy, and safety planning services for survivors of Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault in the community consistent with ACADV, ACAR, and SafeHouse agency standards.|
ACCOUNTABILITY: Works under the general direction of and is accountable to the Community Services Coordinator and carries out delegated responsibilities within the frame work of the policies, integrated objectives, and budget as approved by the board.
FLSA CLASS: Part-Time 25-30 hours per week
RESPONSIBILITIES and PRINCIPLE DUTIES:
· Provides case management services to victims of domestic violence/sexual assault who are clients of SafeHouse consistent with ACADV, ACAR, and SafeHouse agency standards.
· Provide and seek opportunities to educate DHR employees and clients about domestic violence.
· Distribute brochures and other information to educate the community about domestic violence.
· Coordinate with SafeHouse staff to ensure services to victims of domestic violence.
· Provide referral information regarding SafeHouse services to clients
· Schedule assessments of referred clients in timely manner and provide appropriate resources and services to assist clients in becoming free from violence.
· Provide initial intake in a timely manner consistent with agency policy.
· Assist client in evaluating needs; write and implement a case plan that is relevant to the client’s needs while providing relevant education, support and advocacy.
· Answer hot line calls and provided crisis counseling to victims.
· Provide/coordinate referrals, support, and transportation and other services as needed or requested.
· Remain knowledgeable of victim’s rights and the importance of self-determination and empowerment.
· Provide safety planning to clients and crisis line callers.
· Serve as a liaison between client and community service agencies in order to meet client’s needs.
· Create and maintain a current resource log of resources within the community to meet client needs.
· Coordinate meetings with clients leaving shelter to evaluate their discharge needs and progress and provide information on aftercare services to victims leaving emergency shelter.
· Plan and implement monthly educational meetings, seminars to assist SafeHouse clients in maintaining independent living.
· Participate as a member of the SafeHouse Team
· Assist other programs when needed and does not interfere with the performance of his/her job duties.
· Maintain a positive attitude and working relationship with all SafeHouse programs.
· Participate in case review staffing.
· Model positive interpersonal relations with other clients, staff, and colleagues.
· Efficiently Maintain Record Keeping and Documentation and prepare monthly reports as requested.
· Maintain records and statistics for recording to governing bodies as required according to SafeHouse policy
Bachelor’s degree in Social Work and licensure, preferred. Good oral and written communication skills to enable effective dealing with the public and resources in the community. Demonstrates positive interpersonal communication skills in order to negotiate plans, dates, and follow-up activates. Also must be able to make presentations to e general public when called upon.
Equipment/Tools/Work Aids: Computer (Microsoft Office Programs a must) Valid Alabama Driver’s License (or obtained within 30 days of hire date), automobile, automobile insurance and willingness to use said automobile in performing duties.
Requires the physical mobility to sit and walk for moderate periods of time and to occasionally carry or lift objects weighing up to 20 pounds.
TO APPLY: Email a letter of interest and resume to Paula Bowman, Community Services Coordinator, at email@example.com Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls please.