|at ( view profile)|
|Job Function||Program Facilitator|
|Salary||$15.00 per hour|
|Address||5201 8th Ave. South|
School/Community Based Program Facilitator-Jasper AL.
Facilitator will develop and manage a specialized youth program towards target population of girls between 6th-8th grade in schools and or community based site(s) through comprehensive strong, smart and bold programming.
- Serve as the overall facilitator of programs by implementing program for girls who attend Girls Inc. Club program within a specific school(s) or community site.
- Serve as the public liaison and advocate for girls within the targeted age group by making contacts and assisting with community initiatives and parent engagement.
- Provide staff support to community members, volunteers and staff related to programming.
- Ensure that all programs delivered are effective and are age and developmentally appropriate as directed by Director of Program Operations.
- Comply with the guidelines and objectives set by Girls Incorporated of Central Alabama and its funding sponsors/grantors.
- Input all needed program data as directed.
- Complete all surveys, and/or evaluation criteria as directed by specified deadlines.
A minimum of a Bachelors degree preferred with appropriate coursework in education, business administration, psychology, and/or sociology preferred. Consideration may be given for a minimum of 2 years relevant youth/ community experience in similar programs in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree. Bilingual skills a plus. Background in education highly sought after.
Must be computer literate with a basic working knowledge of computer hardware and software including current word processing, spreadsheet, and database; must have basic knowledge of usual office machines/equipment.
Interpersonal skills necessary to relate to a diverse range of people across a wide range of ages and cultural backgrounds; possess needed skills for working with girls in 6th– 8th grade. Candidate also must possess a pronounced ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal communication; must possess skills to maintain interaction and cooperation with school and agency staff. Must be a positive role model to girls served by the organization.
Program development skills needed to develop and manage education programs and activities for girls within target age group. Candidate will serve as an advocate for youth in the community as it relates to girls in service area.
Decision-Making Level: Possess good critical and analytical abilities to make active and abstract decisions based upon instruction; must possess ability to implement action based upon these decisions as soon as necessary.
May occasionally work outside regular working hours and on weekends; job requires some in-town travel, candidate must possess transportation.
Physical/Stamina Demands: Occasional lifting of objects weighting 5 – 20 lbs.
Organization Automobile Requirements: Must possess current valid Alabama Driver’s License. Also, must provide evidence of personal automobile liability insurance, and must be eligible for coverage by organizational automobile liability insurance (as determined through review of MVR records).
- Clearance of an employee background check
Contact: send resume and cover letter to-Jessica Rodgers, Director of Program Operations:firstname.lastname@example.org
N0 phone calls
Salary/Hours: $15.00 per hour - 20-25 hours per week