|at ( view profile)|
PURPOSE:POSITION: Shelter Advocate
Provides services to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault through advocacy and everyday life skills.
Works under the general direction of and is accountable to the Shelter Operations Manager and carries out responsibilities within the shelter.
Part-Time Non-Exempt (On Call/Relief)
RESPONSIBILITIES and PRINCIPLE DUTIES:
- Provide services to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault in residential shelter. Services include advocacy, transportation to and from approved sites per case management plan, obtaining household and personal items, and assist with development of everyday life skills.
- Assist with coordination and development of activities with staff for shelter clients.
- Respond to and documents incoming Crisis Line calls.
- Provide appropriate referrals for callers seeking assistance.
- Conduct client intakes into shelter services.
- Input data daily into computer reporting databases.
- Prepare dinner for clients in shelter on weekends.
- Monitor and prepare client chores, sign-out sheets, last check in’s, and safety drills.
- Maintain facility in a safe and orderly manner within ACADV standards by conducting safety and security checks, identifying client needs, and ascertaining a timely resolution to problems.
- Maintain organization of files and cleanliness in staff offices and restrooms.
- Assist staff with other programs and events going on in and out of shelter as needed.
- Provide shift coverage in shelter on an as needed basis.
- Attend ACADV training events as appropriate.
- Participate in monthly Trauma Informed Services meetings and Staff Retreats.
High school diploma or equivalent, valid Alabama Driver’s License, automobile insurance and willingness to use said automobile in performing work duties is required. Applicant should have knowledge of the dynamics of domestic violence and sexual assault and demonstrate interpersonal communication skills to coordinate activities with residents and staff.
Requires the physical mobility to sit and walk for moderate periods of time and to occasionally carry or lift objects weighing up to 20 pounds.
Applicants selected for interviews will be contacted either by phone or email. You may email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Salary: $11.00 /hour
- High school or equivalent