|at ( view profile)|
|Address||309 23rd Street North|
The YWCA Central Alabama, a leading nonprofit organization, is looking for anEvents Manager. This position is responsible for the oversight and operational activities of annual fundraising events. The ideal Candidate should have experience in event planning, volunteer and/or committee management, and preferably in a nonprofit environment. Experience in fundraising is preferred. Experience using Raiser’s Edge is a bonus.
- Oversee operational efficiency of special events
- Plan and execute all special events including but not limited to KIDS Korner Luncheon, Purse & Passion Luncheon in Birmingham and in St. Clair County and Santa’s Workshop.
- Oversee volunteer committees for special events
- Manage all budgets for events
- Responsible for development, member recruitment, and all activities of the Junior Board of Directors and young professional committees
- Assist with development activities including mail and electronic solicitations
- Bachelor’s degree in a human service or communications field
- Minimum of two years relevant experience, some supervisory experience a plus
- Good organizational and teambuilding skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Driving record acceptable to insurance carrier
All interested and qualified applicants please email your resume and cover letter including salary expectations to Helen Hays, Chief Communications Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.