|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Birmingham, United States|
We are seeking a Supervised Visitation and Exchange Monitor for the YWCA Supervised Visitation and Exchange Center. The Monitor will be responsible for supervising visits and exchanges at the Center and will report to the Coordinator of the Center. The Monitor will supervise visits of parents with their child(ren); monitoring, intervening if necessary, working with the Center Director and other monitors as a team member; attending and participating in all required Center trainings and staff meetings; and maintaining confidentiality and neutrality. The will be a part-time position on weekends only.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of the dynamics of domestic violence.
- Sensitivity to the needs of the families who utilize the Center.
- Ensure the safety of children at all times.
- Ability to identify and document clients’ strengths, needs, and any risk factors.
- Provide families with education/coaching/modeling of appropriate parental behavior.
- Respect the confidential nature of all information relative to clients and clients’ right to privacy
- Actively participate in staff meetings and other program related meetings
- Participate in the on-going development of the Transportation and Visitation Program
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, counseling, human or child development or related field, or, as a substitute for the educational requirements above, the applicant may possess any combination of relevant education and experience which would demonstrate knowledge, skill and ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above.
- Two (2) years direct service experience in human services, domestic violence, batterer’s intervention, visitation supervision or related area.