|at ( view profile)|
|Address||100 Oslo Circle|
Transition Specialist- Employment Services
Monday-Friday; 40 hours per week; Benefits Eligible
Coordinates all Pre-Employment Transition Services (ETS) classes, plans, and develops curriculum for the Pre-ETS classes and summer programs, and implements curriculums in classroom settings and summer programs. The Transition Specialist also serves as a job coach during the summer program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and implements curriculum for Pre-ETS classes. Selects, develops, modifies and/or adapts materials and resources which support learning.
- Instructs students in the classroom, on skills necessary for competitive employment based on the specific class authorized.
- Communicates with school staff to build rapport and to maintain positive relationships.
- Organizes teaching and student materials for efficient distribution and collection.
- Documents all services provided (including summer program) through Therap in a timely manner and in adherence with CARF standards.
- Completes billing paperwork due to ADRS for services provided.
- Plans and implements extra services as needed per the counselor and school instructor.
- Implements summer program services. Coordinates interviews and new hire processes for the program participants.
- Job coaches participants during the summer program and implements an instructional period each day.
- Potentially may need to be available to work flexible hours when job coaching.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Prefer experience working with individuals with disabilities.
- Valid driver’s license, own car, and car insurance.
- Must be skilled in communicating with high school staff and students with disabilities.
- Ability to plan and implement employment readiness skills.
- Physical and emotional ability to perform required work in a self-contained and essentials pathways classes.
Interested candidates may submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the job you are interested in applying to in the subject line.
United Ability is an Equal Opportunity Employer.