|Salary||$30,000 - $35,000|
|Address||2722 Bailey Road|
This position is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the volunteer programs for The Red Barn.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Organizes, coordinates, and manages the recruitment of volunteers for the junior board and other volunteer programs.
- Works with social, civic, and local organizations to develop partnerships, where appropriate, to develop and/or utilize volunteers.
- Screens volunteer applications and interviews potential volunteers, conducting background checks and DHR screenings.
- Works with other staff members to appropriately place interns and volunteers.
- Develops and implements training programs for all volunteers.
- Maintains updated records on all volunteers, including accurate data entry into a database.
- Sets up and attends volunteer meetings. Reports to staff on volunteer activities as needed.
- Recommends and develops ongoing volunteer utilization.
- Schedules volunteers to meet program needs, working closely with the Student Coordinator who schedules students.
- Develops and implements a volunteer recognition program.
- Continually provides training to staff members regarding working with volunteers effectively.
- Performs an annual volunteer program evaluation.
- Maintains social media group for volunteers.
- Assists with tours of the property.
- Evaluates volunteers with input from other staff members and provides feedback/corrections to volunteers regularly.
- Supervises volunteer work groups as needed.
- Communication Proficiency
- Collaboration Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Teamwork Orientation
- Technical Capacity
- Time Management
This position has no direct staff supervisory responsibilities, but does supervise the entire volunteer force.
This job operates in a professional office environment, on the property including in the barn, and at off-site venues and outside event areas in various weather conditions. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Salesforce customer relationship management software will be used daily. Training will be provided.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work frequently may be required as job duties demand.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
A bachelor's degree in social sciences, communication or related field OR three years or more of successful work experience in this or a related field. Management experience is a must.
Preferred Education and Experience
Prior experience as volunteer coordinator for public or nonprofit employer. Prior experience creating and implementing volunteer programs and training.
Additional Eligibility Requirements
MVR report, Criminal background check, and DHR background check.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
How to Apply
Email resume to Info@TheRedBarn.org.